Forums are back in action! ×

n00b Setting Off Into Lands Unknown

As I have fled the cozy, unsatisfactory life of the sedentary, I do hereby pledge my alliegence to the Rebellion!

Fresh off the couch, I have come in what I feel to be a dire need. I came across NerdFitness about a week ago and decided immediately to start "Leveling Up in Life". I'm quite unfit and my desire is to become more physcially capable and reliable. Actually, I've done quite well... up until today. I noticed a slip-up I'm familiar with from my previous attempts at getting healthier: I didn't go to bed at a decent hour last night, didn't wake up until almost 11 this morning, and I've sat in front of my TV all day. It's something that happens the moment I compliment myself for any amount of success, but dammit I WANT THIS TIME TO BE DIFFERENT!

NerdFitness has been the most sensible resource I've come across for getting healthy, so I'm hoping that the support I find here will be just as good. I'm on my way out the door for a run as soon I post this, but if I don't have someone to brag with about my accomplishments I feel like I'm gonna fall off the wagon again. Furthermore, I'd also like to help other people who are after the same thing I am. People always tell me I've been good with supporting others, so maybe I can put that to good use for something that will actually better people's lives.

So, that's it. I'm happy to be here and I hope I can become a good member of the community =)

"In war, Victory. In peace, Vigilance. In death, Sacrifice." - Motto of the Grey Wardens

Sleep is huge to your success and it is huge to building your discipline. Get an alarm clock, put it across the room so you must get out of bed to smack it and then try to schedule yourself a goal/reward every day. No TV until workout is done etc. You are already a good member, and I welcome you. Good luck.

You are only a conspiracy theorist until you are right. Then you are a visionary.

Having someone to "brag" to I think is a big key to success :) For us couch surfers, having these forums is truly a wonderful thing. I don't know if you're like me, but I don't exactly have anyone in my face-to-face life to tell these things to, so nerdfitness really feels like a place I can go :) Well, except for my rabbit, but she doesn't say much.

Good on you for going for a run! Everyone here can give you advice and suggestions, and all the motivation you need for success. 

Good luck, and may the force be with you!

Thanks for the warm welcomes everyone!

Sleep is huge to your success and it is huge to building your discipline. Get an alarm clock, put it across the room so you must get out of bed to smack it and then try to schedule yourself a goal/reward every day. No TV until workout is done etc. You are already a good member, and I welcome you. Good luck.

Hey, thanks. I actually haven't considered rewards for motivation. I'll definitely put some thought to that =)

You could also get one of those alarm clocks that hides or launches a part that you have to find to shut it off

I've never even heard of those! Definately sounds like a good way to get you woke up first thing in the morning.

"In war, Victory. In peace, Vigilance. In death, Sacrifice." - Motto of the Grey Wardens