Forums are back in action! ×

Enlisting in the Rebellion for a Second Time!

Hey everyone! Thought I'd make a post and introduce myself.

I'm Steve, and I've been on the forums (albeit silently) for a little over a year. I attempted my first NF Challenge exactly a year ago, and that failed spectacularly, so I'm here to try again - and hopefully be a more active participant on the boards.

A little bit more about me - I'm 28 and I live in New York City. I've flirted with getting healthy a few times over the past five years, including dieting and having a personal trainer - but it never really sticks. I've seen GREAT results physically, but it never stays, because I don't think I've ever been mentally ready. I've become far too reliant on food as therapy. Something goes wrong? Console myself with food. Something goes great? Reward myself with food. It's a terrible way to live.

I work in an industry that is pretty image-obsessed, and unfortunately I'm a bit on the larger size. I'm looking more like George Costanza these days, and it scares the hell out of me. I've got about 60 pounds I need to lose to get to a healthy weight, and that's a pretty tall order. I'm hoping being here again can help keep me grounded, and we can all support one another in reaching and surpassing our goals.

I'm a huge Star Wars fan, addicted to Harry Potter and I love the Lord of the Rings series. If I could live in a Hobbit-hole, I would. Because a Hobbit-hole means comfort!

Nerd credentials include playing WoW since 2005, being a Charter Member (2003) of Second Life, major Legend of Zelda fan, and - true story - RP'ing in the AOL "Arts & Entertainment" chatrooms in the text-based world of Rhy'Din.

Anyway, I'm excited to be back here again, and I'm looking forward to being part of the NF community!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

LVL 1 Human Adventurer

STR: 1 | DEX: 2 | STA: 2 | CON: 2 | WIS: 5 | CH: 3

"How do you pick up the threads of an old life? How do you go on, when in your heart you begin to understand...

There is no going back." - Frodo Baggins

My First NF Challenge: Gathering the Necessities

Fellow Azerothian! Lok'tar ogar and/or King's honor!

Consolation via food is a hard habit to break  :nightmare:  I know that feel.

But, hopefully, you can find the support, advice, and tips you need to succeed :) I wish you the best of luck in your endeavors!

May the force be with you!

"O, wanderers in the shadowed land, fear not! For though dark they stand, all woods there be must end at last."

Hello Steve,

Welcome to the forums. It hasn't stuck......................UNTIL NOW! Way to get back up and come after it. I have found that rewarding oneself with food is not a unique issue. Many of us here have the same habit, and it can be broken. Now when I meet a milestone or accomplishment, I am careful to stay away from a food reward. Instead, I buy myself a concert ticket, or a new fishing pole, or maybe I get a straight razor shave or a new pair of shoes. Good luck on your journey, and enjoy that beautiful city.

You are only a conspiracy theorist until you are right. Then you are a visionary.