Forums are back in action! ×

A pleasure to make your acquaintance...

Guest SheBeast

Guest SheBeast

Howdy.

After years of being haunted by the spirits of female bodybuilders of bygone day, I have begun to forge a body of iron and blood, untamed yet well-trained, afraid of no one yet respectful of all.  My favorite accomplishments (as of this week) include a 200 lb deadlift, 160 lb squat, and a 65 lb clean and press.  My goal for 2014 include 5 pull ups, a solid handstand, and a half-marathon.  

I'm happy to find a place that seems to address several aspects of the strange Venn Diagram of my interests.

Thanks for being here!  I'm glad to have found you.

Guest SheBeast

Wowza. You're gonna have to tell me how you do that  :rapture:

Welcome aboard! And good luck to you :)

Honestly, I had no idea starting out how much weight a woman "should" or "could" lift and I just started doing things until I maxed myself out.  I googled and youtubed around a bunch for technique/form, furtively watched and emulated the gym rats, and found bodybuilding books from the 80's at used bookshops.  Yet, it never occurred to me to try to figure out what weight I should be working with.  I just listened to my body, stopped when I felt necessary, and proceeded when I felt I could.  The only bit of info that I read and followed regarding weight was... When you can do three sets of 10 reps, increase the weight.