Forums are back in action! ×

Holy moley, there's a lot of you here!

Hi! My name is Sean, but you can call me whatever you like as long as it's not an actual insult. I'm 21, and I'm in my final year at University - or college, as it's called in some parts of the world - studying early modern history. I've been interested in getting fit for some time, and have been actively working on it since last summer - on and off, sadly, due to the hassle of moving houses three times in a year, but hey, that's life, and it hasn't stopped me from getting back into the swing of things.

As a fan of the Shazam! comic book series, I've set myself the goal of improving my physical fitness and health. Why, you ask? Well, while Earth-1 and Earth-S have their respective Captain Marvels, our Earth - termed Earth-R for convenience - does not. Clearly, this needs to be rectified; what if Mister Mind attacks the planet, for instance, and there's nobody there to stop him? However, if I'm to be worthy of the title of the World's Mightiest Mortal, clearly I need to kick my fitness up a notch and get the sort of body that can actually support the magic of Shazam!

As a result, I've settled on developing muscle and core strength, and improving my fitness levels so I can run a fair distance and not feel like I'm going to die after doing so! Furthermore, muscle gain is one of my goals, and there seems to be a tonne of useful stuff on that here. Along with a friend - who also signed up here! - we'll be trying out the Paleo diet on a budget, and with any luck and a lot of hard work it'll all come together for me!

Anyway, it's good to meet you all, and I'm glad to be here! :)

Solomon, Hercules, Atlas, Zeus, Achilles, Mercury

Say the word... feel the power!

Sounds like a perfectly respectable goal :)

Paleo on a budget is fairly easy to do, I too am stuck on the college student's budget.

I wish you the best of luck in your (and your friend's) endeavors!

May the force be with you!

Wow, thanks for the kind responses! Seriously, this really brightened my day up. 

Welcome Sean!

Going on this journey with a friend is great, you can motivate each other!

Just letting you know, that there's a challenge starting tomorrow and wish you the best of luck achieving your goals!

That motivation thing has been really helpful so far. It's actually much more enjoyable to work out with friends, as I've discovered these past weeks; for some reason, it just feels like more fun. Maybe it's the healthy competition and encouragement we can offer? I'm no psychologist, but I think that might have something to do with it.

As to the challenge, I've got my thread up and I'm ready to go. I've never done anything like this before, so it's all very exciting!

Sounds like a perfectly respectable goal :)

Paleo on a budget is fairly easy to do, I too am stuck on the college student's budget.

I wish you the best of luck in your (and your friend's) endeavors!

May the force be with you!

Thanks! That's good to hear. From what little food shopping I did yesterday, it seems to me that the key might be frozen stuff. Is that how it's worked for you?

Thanks for the vote of luck, too, it's really appreciated. 

Live long and prosper, my friend! c:

Solomon, Hercules, Atlas, Zeus, Achilles, Mercury

Say the word... feel the power!

Hello Sean, and welcome!

It's great that you have a friend to help you stay focused on your goals. Don't be shy about coming here and bragging about your accomplishements. We'll be here to cheer you on as you progress. Keep us posted!

Stay sharp!

Current form: Chubby House Cat (lvl4)

Weight objective: 20%

S. 4 P. 6 E. 4 C. 7 I. 8 A. 4 L. 5

Battle log

Current Challenge

Handy linky.