Forums are back in action! ×

Hi there!

I'm Goodwrench, I've been gnoming this site for almost a year, now. I'm 26 years old, working a full-time job in retail management and going to school full-time for electrical engineering. I also volunteer with a youth group for troubled teenagers.

I was raised in New Orleans and returned home in April 2013 after 8 years spent in Baton Rouge, Memphis, and Fresno. I've spent that time making a number of things happen for myself: getting back in school, getting a few promotions at work, becoming a certified sponsor of my youth group, etc. Being back home has been inspirational to me in a number of ways and now fitness is one of them.

I'm working on breaking a lifetime of bad habits and generally becoming a better, more responsible person. As vague as that is, I'm working towards this one day at a time by making promises to myself and keeping them. I'll keep my plans to cook at home instead of opt for fast food or I'll make a point of working out when I say I will instead of putting it off until later(never). I accepted the 11/11/13 six week challenge as a means of homing in on my goals for self improvement.

As it stands, I'm 5'7" and 260lbs. I deadlift 80lbs, bench 90lbs, and have next to no cardiovascular endurance to speak of. This will change for the better.

post-23856-0-70235700-1384146119_thumb.j

All of your changes will be for the better. Welcome to the site. Ahh Fresno, sorry about that one. It isn't really a shining example of the golden state here. I love Louisiana and go fishing in Cocodrie from time to time. Cajuns party better than anyone I have ever met and the food is fabulous. I know you will find a supportive warm community of like minded people here. Have fun.

You are only a conspiracy theorist until you are right. Then you are a visionary.