Forums are back in action! ×

Hello everyone,

Intro post here and a story, more for my benefit. I feel like when I get a goal down in writing it becomes more real in my mind. Add the perception of strangers judging me (not real of course) on the internet and bada-bing, I might just get there.

I was the skinniest little kid, ever. But I grew up in a loud Italian family. My mom's solution to any problem is food. My mom's reward for any praise is food, and so on. I know it came from a place of love and I don't resent her at all. None the less I went from skinny little kid to overweight ultra-dumpy teenager. I'm about 6'0 (depending on how I slouch) and at my heaviest I was 260 pounds. One day when I was 17, I looked in the mirror and told myself, "you will never get laid looking like this". There was a moment, the inception of conviction, and I started exercising... a lot.

I got a summer job that was physically demanding and I completely and utterly denied all deserts. I never was a calorie counter and I love to eat, so I decided that if I was going to pig out I was going to pig out on fruits and vegetables and not worry about how many calories it was worth. Long story somewhat shorter, I lost 100lbs that summer. The weight practically melted off of me. What really stuck with me was that first 1 hour bikeride on the day I decided to lose the weight, my entire body was hot and itchy. The itch was under my skin and it was really annoying. I quickly realized what I was feeling was the return of circulation all throughout my body. To this day, if I ever start to exercise after a 2+ week lapse, I feel this itch again and I know that only good things will come.

Well, here I am again. Ten years later and I am saggy, dumpy and really pissed at myself. I weigh 190 pounds, and while I am strong I have fat hanging off of my lovehandles, chest and gut. My confidence is down, and frankly, I'm not at the top of my game with my girlfriend, if you know what I mean.

So, like the title says, enough is enough.

I have a punching bag, I'm going to lay off the bread/pasta and hit this thing like I mean it. Stop screwing around, stop making excuses.

I'm glad I made it here, whenever I go perusing the internet for motivational articles/advise I always end up back at this site.

So what the hell. Here goes.

O man, I can't... I have to cause... I've had it... with these MOTHERFUCKING SNAKES on THIS MOTHERFUCKING PLANE.

feels pretty good. So did the rest of your post btw

I'm not at the top of my game with my girlfriend, if you know what I mean.

I know it's rhetorical. But yes. Thas a good motivator right there. Probably the best mankind was ever equipped with.

good luck!