Forums are back in action! ×

Hail Vendor Buy Bank Guards!!!

Hello,

New to the site here and I guess I will start with my nerdiness background. Ive been playing MMO's since Ultima Online.  Notice the Topic Title Reference.  Everquest, World of Warcraft, DCUO, some maching gun mmo i dont remember the name, Final Fantasy, and Warhammer.  There are more but thats all I can remember right now.  I play alot of RPG's as well like Mass Effect and Dragon Age and i played the classics on Super Nintendo Final Fantasy 3 (or 6 as the Japanese equivalent) Chrono Trigger and Link to the past.  I get down with TCG's Magic the Gathering is my favorite I also played WoW TCG.  When I got the beta invite to Hearthstone thats where I take names and pwn people in online TCG.  Being a nerd has always been that hidden pleasure of mine.  I dont talk about it IRL haha.

My fitness history is, well I do a bit of everything.  I cycle, kayak, run, hike.  Those are what I do on a normal basis.  I do workout, not too often tho.  But I try my best to ride my bike to work which is at least 2-3 times a week 30 miles round trip.  When I kayak we do surf sessions all day or river running all day.  I run 3-4 times a week.  Right now Im training a new guy for a half marathon so the runs are short at the moment.  Every now and then i do a crossfit WoD.  Depends on what I have time for after work.  I would like to do Yoga once a week.  

Combining the two...  My brother and I are super nerds when we are together.  Everything is in reference to an RPG.  We would say, "Hold on I have to regen mana," while drinking our water or so.  Kombucha drinks are our stam potions.  Our GPS watches and iPhones are our trinkets that give +X stats.  My brother even got me to treat running like a video game gaining experience and leveling up for every mile you run.  I tell him when I go kayak im gonna go take my water mount out.  

Fun stuff.  I wanted to join here because its Nerd Fitness and I am a super nerd.  

Thanks for taking the time to read.

-Masarap