Forums are back in action! ×

Hi everyone, I'm the new guy!

Hi Everyone,

My name is David, i'm a long time reader but new to the forum. I'm 26, a software developer, huge sports especially both rugby and football (English version) and a massive nerd. Being a software developer I love messing with and building applications from nothing to something cool. But i've always tried to balance my nerd side with my sporting side and love playing rugby - if you've never heard of it then check it out, its like American Football but with no pads or helmet and you cant pass forward.

I've always exercised from time to time but nothing sustained, I normally lose motivation after about a month or 2 which obviously isn't great. The only time I have done a whole years worth of exercise is when i was part of rugby team. But after a couple of injures and many nights out drinking my weight caught up with me and my fitness has hit the floor.

So i'm now making every effort to get myself back on track, i've started the paleo diet slowly but cutting bad stuff out of my diet bit by bit. I've also started the Barbell Battalion workout and finding tough but great at the same time. 

What I'm really looking for is ways to motivate myself and becoming part of community to not only to gain support and advice from but for myself to give back.

Thank you for reading this far and I cant wait to hear from everyone!

Hail, David! Welcome to the forums :)

Ah rugby. Lots of people on here play, you will fit right in. I wish we had rugby where I live, but...that's America for you.

Believe you me, if it's motivation you seek, it is motivation you shall receive!

Start up a battle log, we all read it and usually offer encouraging words. If you ever have any questions, just ask. :) Everyone is always willing to give you advice and suggestions.

I wish you luck in achieving your goals!

Here is where the battle logs are kept. Take a look and get some inspiration :)

You get total freedom as to what you want to log. It's yours, after all :)

There are some basics that most people include: exercise done for the day (reps, minutes, etc), and food intake.

It helps if you line some goals out for yourself first and foremost. For example, you say you're transitioning to the paleo diet, maybe a goal of yours could be to go 100% paleo by the end of December, or lost x amount of inches around your waist.

Many people find them to be really helpful, plus a few months down the road you can look at your earlier logs and see how far you've come :)