Forums are back in action! ×

Hello Fellow Fitness Adventurers

Hi Everyone, 

Been "training" (read spinning my wheels) and interested in nutrition and fitness since about last october. I've had weight loss and weight gain in those last 13 months and I'm pretty much at the exact same square as I was 13 months ago. 

I've been reading articles on here for a while so figured I may as well join the party and sign up. 

For a brief background story, was always fat as a kid....got fatter as a teen...Went to Uni, spent 3 years staring at a computer screen....Now I work a desk job which involves more sitting and screen staring and as such I have the mobility of a brittle twig haha

My nutritional ethos is basically eat food that has minimal processing done to it...So eat things in as natural a form as I can and if I can't pronounce more than 2 ingredients on the list then I probably shouldn't eat that either. 

My general training plan currently is trying to fix various imbalances from years spent sitting down and follows the basic principle of trying to move heavy things....normally up and down or side to side. 

Any other questions then ask away!. 

• Like 1

Hello and welcome!

That's a good food philosophy, unless you happen to be a chemist. Then that whole pronunciation guideline kinda goes out the window ;)

I don't know exactly what your current fitness level is, since you say you've been working on it with varying degrees of success over the past year, but this may get you started on the right foot.

Looking forward to you contributions! Good luck to you :)

Welcome, 

Looks like you have a good grasp on what you need to do. What are your goals for yourself in the next thirteen months. sometimes it helpds to identify just one teensy thing and then accomplish it. Claiming victories is really motivational. have a good time .

You are only a conspiracy theorist until you are right. Then you are a visionary.

Thanks guys!

My goal is currently fat loss and mobility, at the moment I can't squat parallel, so I'm trying to work on hip and ankle mobility as well as strengthening my thoracic region.  

In terms of strength I'd like to just get to get the squat and DL at 1 x BW and Bench to .75 BW.....I'm currently sitting at about 90Kg with a lot of it being fat.