Forums are back in action! ×

I finally know what's wrong!!

my challenges have always been about my stomach and i've always failed because i always felt sick and just starated eating. but i finally know whats wrong the results from my hida scan (creepy radiation thingy) and my gallbladder is functioning at 3.3%

Ya it's dead.

my doctor called when we were at arby's so as i was eating a fatty meal she was telling me ot be careful about my fat intake because my gallbladder isn't functioning. i found that a little funny. guess i have a high pain tolerance or something cause she's surprised that i'm mostly ok.

3.3% wow. well i need a Laparoscopic Cholecystectomy. (get it removed) and i need to eat low fat (paleo might not work for me). well NOW I KNOW. that's a relief.

Natildora

Hey there.

One of my family members got a cholecystectomy done. Apart from the cravings she needs to keep in check when Aunt Flo visits, she eats pretty much the way she used to. It might be easier for her, being a vegetarian and already having been in the habit of eating frequent small meals instead of two large ones. Now I won’t go against what your doctors told you because naturally, they know much much better, but I’d say don’t worry too much about what you eat after your initial sensitive days of recovery are over, just keep eating a little here and there. It’ll keep your hunger as well as your fat intake in check; if you have ten small meals, you can’t possibly get ALL of them wrong!

I hope you recover quickly after the surgery, just remember to take it easy on yourself. Stress isn’t too good for your mind or body. Take care. :)

When they asked me what I wanted to be I said I didn’t know.
“Oh, sure you know,†the photographer said.
“She wants,†said Jay Cee wittily, “to be everything.â€

-The Bell Jar, Sylvia Plath

Something you could also look into it taking an enzyme with ox bile to assist in breaking the fat down, so you might try doing that before having anything done.

"Insanity - you make my world a better place man, you really do! That shit is awesome! :D" - Guzzi-

My first challenge

My battle Log: Insanity: Warrior Monk

Honorary Ranger dubbed by DarK_RaideR, 1000 Pound club (875 of 1000)

Congratulations!

Have you considered pushing the Cholecystectomy some months off and trying a low fat Diet for that time?

You should ask a good doctor about that!

i did ask my doctor if i could possibly change my diet and watch what i eat to see if my gallbladder would heal. but since it's at 3.3% she doesn't think it'll bounce back like that, maybe if it was like 30% or 20% but not 3.3% gallbladder disease runs in the family. grandma, mom and my aunt have all had theirs out either for stones or failing. mine just failed for no reason.

Natildora

This might be a really stupid question, but if the gallbladder doesn't function anyway and you don't have stones (or do you?) why do you need to remove it?

no i didn't have stones. and with an almost dead gallbladder it was causing problems. i was constanly tired. i couldn't hold a job and i felt sick all the time and going to the bathroom a lot and there was tons more sypmtoms. having a dead organ inside of you is not a good thing if it actually completely died it might have killed me. it had to be removed so i could actually live. and i do feel much better.

Natildora

I had my gallbladder removed december 9th. and we didn't have internet for a while since we have a new apartment. i don't feel sick anymore, not much pain either and i'm healing very well. also i'm back to work, i was out for 3 weeks for recovery.

and so far eating my faves hasn't bothered me too much (i still kinda binge, but i'm working on that this challnge.) i found that milk sends me running to the bathroom, eggs do the exact same thing infact worse. i'm hoping i'll be able to eat eggs again when i heal completely but the milk might be lactose intolerance. it runs in the family too...sigh.

i still have a very sensative stomach and always will i just have to figure out how to properly eat for my body.

Natildora

Glad to hear you are getting better. I'm lactose intolerant too, and it can be annoying, but at least you know what not to eat for it, unlike what you were dealing with before.

Wisdom 22.5   Dexterity 13   Charisma 15   Strength 21  Constitution-13

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind' Luke 10; 27

I had my gallbladder removed about 7 years ago, and quite honestly I didn't really change what I eat,you don't need to eat carbs and stay away from all fats. The gallbladder stores bile, that is used to break down fat, but the liver produces it. It is kind of like the difference between having a hot water spigot on the water dispenser or having to heat it up. The liver will secrete bile to break down fats, it simply will take it longer to do so then if it is stored and ready.

If in eating paleo you eat lean protein, like grass fed beef, free range chicken and such, you will be fine. I have eaten fatty meals occassionally, and I was able to handle it, but I don't make a habit of it anyway, but you don't have to eat a low fat or no fat diet. You will need to test out what works for you, some people who have had it out have trouble adjusting, I didn't really do anything special after getting it out, I always tried to eat healthy, now I eat pretty much a paleo style diet, I eat meat and fish and occassionally pork, I have been known to eat fried food once in a blue moon (not recently), and I could handle it, likewise I can eat cheese and dairy products. If you eat paleo, a lot of your calories come from vegetable sources, the protein is going to be in proportion anyway, and you may be fine with that.

I had my gallbladder removed about 7 years ago, and quite honestly I didn't really change what I eat,you don't need to eat carbs and stay away from all fats. The gallbladder stores bile, that is used to break down fat, but the liver produces it. It is kind of like the difference between having a hot water spigot on the water dispenser or having to heat it up. The liver will secrete bile to break down fats, it simply will take it longer to do so then if it is stored and ready.

If in eating paleo you eat lean protein, like grass fed beef, free range chicken and such, you will be fine. I have eaten fatty meals occassionally, and I was able to handle it, but I don't make a habit of it anyway, but you don't have to eat a low fat or no fat diet. You will need to test out what works for you, some people who have had it out have trouble adjusting, I didn't really do anything special after getting it out, I always tried to eat healthy, now I eat pretty much a paleo style diet, I eat meat and fish and occassionally pork, I have been known to eat fried food once in a blue moon (not recently), and I could handle it, likewise I can eat cheese and dairy products. If you eat paleo, a lot of your calories come from vegetable sources, the protein is going to be in proportion anyway, and you may be fine with that.

but i'm so gassy with everything i eat (FART FART FART). i have no idea where to start. sometimes i think about going vegan or just eat fish or something. and i'm a total underpants gnome ok. i'm trying research what would be good my sesative digestive system and all that. apparatnly meat is hard to digest. i..i don't know.

Natildora