Forums are back in action! ×

Newbie Rebel :)

Hey,

After reading the NF blogs on occasion I finally delved into the forums and seems like a fantastic bunch of like minded people and a great place to stay motivated. To be surrounded by people all trying to better themselves for some reason or another is inspiring.  Also the awesomeness of questing a la FF or LOTR is an awesome pile of awesome!

Already quite fit but I am looking to improve my fitness and learn new ways to change uo my workout to stop falling into the exercise rut.

A keen fencer and dancer and I enjoy working out in a variety of different ways including gym and circuit/bootcamp classes (dispite the rubbish UK weather). 

I look forward to finishing my first challenge (already posted on the L1 board) and joining a guild.

Chao for now :)

PS - Just stumbled across Staci.... I am in awe!

• Like 2

Level 1 Human Ranger (who occasionally delvs into monkhood)

Sawen - challenge accepted

'Within each of us is the secret wish that we were born for greater things, have superhero powers, or simply haven’t been given the chance yet to defeat the forces of darkness' - GT

Yeah it definately isn't one of the more mainstream sports but you have got to love hitting people with swords and calling it exercise.  I love it anyway even if my knees dont :)

The varied community on here, the way everyone is so supportive, friendly and united against the common desire to improve themselves is what arracted me to this particular forum.  Everyone seems so nice and supportive.

• Like 1

'Within each of us is the secret wish that we were born for greater things, have superhero powers, or simply haven’t been given the chance yet to defeat the forces of darkness' - GT

That's pretty much what got me into it as well. I've tried to do things on my own before in the realm of getting myself in better shape, but I always end up slacking off and quitting. With this group of folks, many of which have the same mindset as I do when it comes to this, I have some sort of accountability because there are people reading and checking in on me.

Nothing that is worth doing is ever going to be easy.

Slacking off and quitting wasn't an issue as I caught the exercise bug quite a while ago and now have a healthy sense of guilt whenever I have a day when I don't workout. My workout routine was getting stale however and was just exercising for the sake of it without any improvements.  I wanted a way to focus and improve, set myself proper goals and learn some new things on the way, You are right about this giving you some sort of accountablity.  If you say you are going to do something on here, there is more motivation to do iit so you don't let everyone else who is working hard down.

Fencing wise I am a bit of a Jack of all trades, I am a competative epeeist (on the UK circuit), but do quite a bit of sabre as well for fun and then if i am needed to fill a team (or to prove a point) I have been known to pick uo a foil from time to time.  Who know maybe the jack of all trades fencing will help make me some sort of Ranger assasin once I join a guild.