Forums are back in action! ×

I'm Demeter. I'm here because I'm apparently the size of a hobbit in all the wrong places, ever since I spawned Persephone three years ago. Being the mother to the Goddess of Death is a huge undertaking (get it?) and I want to make sure I'm around as long as possible. The current path I'm treading, I'm just not sure that's possible.

I'm coming off of an extremely long and difficult recovery from giving birth to Persephone. Ever since that event, I have been in constant, chronic pain. As a result, I never did lose the baby weight. However, a few months ago, we tried a different medication approach and so far, it has allowed me to have a remission from the injuries sustained bringing my daughter into the world.

I'm 5'1, and the last time I allowed myself to take my measurements into account, I weighed around 185. I'm scared to see what it is now. I don't enjoy exercise. I use "going to the gym" as an excuse to read my Kindle and catch up on "Game of Thrones" while I do a half-hearted walk for three hours.

My goals:

1. Increase my tolerance for exercise.
2. Make better food choices.
3. Fall in love with the body I have while making it the body I want.

I'm not really sure how to best go about it, but I thought it might be a good idea to at least introduce myself to establish a commitment to the process. I'll happily answer to Demeter or Scully. 

Nerd fandoms: X-Files, Dr. Who, The Sandman Comics, Neil Gaiman, Walking Dead,Marvel comics, gaming (especially StarCraft/World of WarCraft/Fable 2/Spore/BioShock/Kingdom Hearts), Game of Thrones, crime documentaries, and Tori Amos. Yes, Tori. Come on; she released a comic book about her music!

Mulder: I would never lie. I willfully participated in a campaign of misinformation.

Excuse me while I shout:

GAME OF THRONES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ok, now that that's done...sounds awesome and freaking awesome name choices!  Sounds like you're getting in the mindset.  Pick a workout and stick to it, and you'll definitely start to fall in love with your body and kick some ass while doing it.  While you're at that, keep your eyes peeled for alternative exercise choices that might be more fun than just going to the gym.  Rock climbing's my personal fave.  You can work yourself up to it and make it your reward for keeping up with your workouts.  Win-win!  Keep us updated!  Good luck!

Level 3 Human Assassin

STR 6 - DEX 2.25 - STA 4.5 - CON 5.5 - WIS 6 - CHA 6

Introduction

Previous Battle Log     Current Battle Log

First Challenge     Previous Challenge     Current Challenge

Holiday Mini-Challenge

日本語 PvP

What do we say to the god of failure?  NOT TODAY.

I was looking at intro threads to figure out what I should do. How could I not click on a thread called spoilers?! I, too, always hated the idea of "going to the gym" and avoided it like the plague. But then I found martial arts. I mean how cool is it learn to become a badass? :P And now I'm slowly easing into actual "gym workouts" (weights, running, all that jazz) and finding out what I like. I wish the best of luck to you!