Forums are back in action! ×

Hey!

I'm Lunies, I hail from the snowy wonderland of Canada.

I've been trying to lose weight for a good while now, and honestly I don't have a whole lot to lose, like 20-30lbs would put me right in the middle of healthy on the bmi chart.

Anyway, I have an odd set up on the go. I try to keep track of my weight but I don't own a scale. Instead I use the measuring tape I got as a freebie from the heart and stroke foundation to watch progress. I haven't really lost much the past while so I think I need to do a bit more work.

I've had a myfitnesspal account for a while, but I don't do a good job of tracking everything I eat. Whenever I get something like the ready made food at the store that isn't on their database, I tend to just leave it for a week because im not sure how to track calories on that. I then pick it up again after I've realized I'm probably overeating.

So I've decided on this:

-Track everything on MFP and keep within the limit I set

-Do the 30 day yoga challenge which I found on YouTube, which every other day should be followed by 10-20min of cardio

-Whatever I want to eat, eat half of what I would normally take, wait 20min and see if I'm still hungry.

-Try my best not to mindlessly eat snacks at my boyfriend's place, especially because he's low on cash at the moment, I don't need him paying for my low self control.

I want to do this because in April I plan to cosplay Micaiah from FE10. I want to do a good job, I want to do her justice. I've also grown an interest in clothing and actually taking pride in my appearance and I feel like this is the first step to getting to wear nice things like skirts and dresses and looking and feeling confident in them.

I'd also like to try some western martial arts, archery, and horseback riding and I feel like at my current shape I'd be useless at these things. I'll spend the winter working on getting fit and I'll look into trying these things out in the spring.

So yeah. I'm way too late for that six week challenge but maybe I'll make a challenge of my own. Hope to talk to you guys on the other boards!

Hello, fellow Canadian!

Welcome to the Rebellion! I know what you mean with keeping track of calories. I struggle with that too. The best way to work around the snack issue is to replace unhealthy snacks (chips, cookies, etc.) with other stuff, like celery sticks, carrot sticks, mushrooms, etc. They're cheap and filling. I find chewing gum helps me too.

Did you ever do horseback riding before? I used to ride english style when I was a kid, and did a bit of Western style during a vacation. One word of advice: train and warm up before you get on a horse. Also, if it is your first time, don't ride for more than an hour. You'll be sore in places you would never have expected. This is a sport you need to ease into, but it can be very rewarding. I can barely describe the feeling of having a horse run at an obstacle and jump over it. It's the best thing in the world! (well, that and kittens purring.)

Current form: Chubby House Cat (lvl4)

Weight objective: 20%

S. 4 P. 6 E. 4 C. 7 I. 8 A. 4 L. 5

Battle log

Current Challenge

Handy linky.