Forums are back in action! ×

Greetings from the shed

Hello!

Thought I'd stick up a quick post in here to introduce myself.

Normally known as Ben, I work from a home office running my own business in the South of the UK (near the South Downs).  Married with a couple of young sons (4 and 18months).

Actually the home office is in a shed (hence the name and also a corresponding website www.nutterintheshed.com about my path along the lines of health and fitness) - I think my wife first called me the nutter in the shed as while working there I've come up with a few interesting things for fitness for example I now work while standing or walking at my treadmill desk (great way of keeping active! :)), pull up bar in the door frame most days, grown a beard, run mainly while wearing luna sandals (including a recent trail marathon) etc.... Seriously I'm quite sane really.... (although I do work on my own so probably not for long....)

My general aim is that since I'm about to turn 40 and relatively fit is to be an inspiration to the kids as they grow up and when they're very active in their teens I'll still be fit and healthy (in my mid 50s) to keep up (or maybe even lead the way) and onwards from there.

Recently adopted the paleo diet as it really makes sense to me, as has my wife and we're taking the kids down that route too.  I've struggled with eczema all my life and the kids have it slightly already and removing grain and sugars and eating whole foods really makes sense to me.

I've put a level 1 challenge up here which may be a bit ambituous but all going well so far (day 2!!)

Also just decided having spent most of my life doing sport (field hockey) then triathlons that I may change track and look into martial arts as it's always been of interest but never gone down that route...  Again it'd be great for the kids to learn too...

Anyway just learning about things on here but looks fun!

Cheers

Ben

My current challenge  (Tracker)

Main Quest (Tracker)

"Behold the turtle.  He only makes progress when he sticks his neck out"

"Your mind is like the water. When it is agitated it becomes difficult to see, but when you let it settle, the answer becomes clear." (Master Oogway)

Pshaw, don't believe them, we're all mad here.

But hello and such!

I personally like eating paleo, I feel better most of the time. Grain-based things, it turns out, are easy enough to live without.

Don't lose your spirit! If you find yourself faltering, give the forums a holler, and we'll be there to give you the kick in the pants you need to succeed :)