Forums are back in action! ×

DC has some 'splaining to do

Only issue I have with that is saying a woman looks like she isn't a good physical fit isn't body shaming. It happens to men all the time and no one cries body shaming.

That being said I mostly agree with the article.

Also everyone has to serve in the army over there. We have fat terrible Marines just as much like I assume they have terrible soldiers over there. I don't think that's a good litmus test for her beefing up abilities. But aseop your right bale did a crazy transformation. . They have money to burn.... Hopefully it goes to good use getting her beefed up a little.

While we're on the subject of Wonder Woman, I hope the go with the costume she sometimes sports with the armored leather skirt in the style of Greek and Roman soldiers rather than the star spangled panties.

Not only does it make sense from a cultural background sense. I just think it looks better.

2515431-wonder_women_by_penichet_d47up0l

"By trying to please everyone he had pleased no one, and lost his ass in the bargain." - Aesop 2,500 years ago.
Level 4 Half Ogre Ranger
STR 6|DEX 4|STA 13|CON 11|WIS 5|CHA 8
Zombies, Run! Profile

indubitably. 

Apparently she's one of the worst actresses of all time- I guess they TRIED to make it work and it just was an epic flop- like it wasn't even laughably so bad you couldn't enjoy it bad- it was just BAD.

But I haven't seen haywire- so I don't know- but that was one someone told me and said don't hold your breath. It's funny because it has an all star cast other than her... so it probably had potential. 

yeaaaaaaah.  I own "Haywire" because I'm madly in love with Carano.  however, no, she's a bad actress.  I mean, she's as good as any women who's time is spent training and not practicing acting is going to be.  but because of that, you can't really expect too much from her.  I loved her in both "Haywire" and "Fast & Furious 6".  but I also am capable of knowing when I like something that isn't necessarily any good, lol!

there is never a sudden revelation, a complete and tidy explanation for why it happened, or why it ends, or Why or Who you are. you want one and I want one, but there isn't one. it comes in bits and pieces, and you stitch them together wherever they fit, and when you are done you hold yourself up, and still there are holes and you are a rag doll, invented, imperfect. and yet you are all that you have, so you must be Enough. there is no other way.

Marya Hornbacher, Wasted: A Memoir of Anorexia and Bulimia

While we're on the subject of Wonder Woman, I hope the go with the costume she sometimes sports with the armored leather skirt in the style of Greek and Roman soldiers rather than the star spangled panties.

Not only does it make sense from a cultural background sense. I just think it looks better.

I actually would be surprised if they didn't go with the more classic look, rather than the stars-and-stripes.  I mean, you saw how much they "modernized" Captain America's stars-and-stripes.  and with his hokey person, the s-a-s would have been more easily acceptable to non-comic fans.

there is never a sudden revelation, a complete and tidy explanation for why it happened, or why it ends, or Why or Who you are. you want one and I want one, but there isn't one. it comes in bits and pieces, and you stitch them together wherever they fit, and when you are done you hold yourself up, and still there are holes and you are a rag doll, invented, imperfect. and yet you are all that you have, so you must be Enough. there is no other way.

Marya Hornbacher, Wasted: A Memoir of Anorexia and Bulimia

I think she's going to have a trainer, and spend a lot of time working out and eating a ton of protein. Zach Snyder's the kind of director that's going to insist she have the physicality for the part. If my only responsibility in the week was to work out and eat for my job? I could look like ANYTHING! (except maybe a good Wonder Woman) Affleck is probably going to be a lean beast, too.

I'm stoked all around: I liked Man of Steel a lot, it wasn't anything near what I expected. I'm thinking we're in for something crazy when this one comes out!

Race: Half Elf/Human. Class: Wildling Ranger. Level: 3 STR: 6 DEX: 2 STA: 7 CON: 5 WIS: 3 CHA: 0 

First Campaign Second Campaign

Daily Campaign Battle Log

MY FITNESS PAL LOG

I might be the only one excited to see Ben Affleck as Batman. People were also complaining about Robert Downey Jr. being cast as Iron Man, and now it's his best known and one of his most acclaimed roles ever. Affleck is a good actor; yes, he's been in some lame films, but the movies being bad weren't really ever his fault. So I have high hopes.

I'm excited for this as well. 

I remember people flipping out over Toby McGuire's Spidey outfit.

Rightly so. Tobey Maguire has no business in that suit. He just did an awful job with Spiderman's Character. And then there was the black suit walking/dancing down the street that really just embarrassed everybody. Andrew Garfield mas bueno.

I've never followed DC that closely, but doesn't Wonder Woman gain her strength from the gods? The whole, "Hera, give me strength!" and such makes it sound that way. I know she has an inherent skill set developed as an amazonian, but I can't recall any of her sisters ever flying or using super heroine strength to hurl buses at people. I could also be totally wrong.