Forums are back in action! ×

Hi everyone! I'm new to this posting on forums thing so bear with me please, I guess i'll dive in to my story. Starting four years ago I was a weight I was pretty happy at, not skinny but not fat, 170lbs and i'm about 5"9. I would go for long walks at a bike trail near my apartment, stretch all the time, and would go swimming as much as possible.

Don't get me wrong i'm quite the nerd as many of you are on here, love my video games! Final Fantasy 9 is my favorite probably. I devour books by the day, I even watch anime. Well I met this guy who I fell in love with, he likes everything I do basically nerd all the way baby haha. Unlike me though he can live a pretty sedentary life and somehow still have a good body. He is 140lbs and almost 5"7.

Well over the last four years I have gained a bit, a husband, a house, pets, and about 80lbs. I have done a low carb diet and while it did work for me I stopped after a few months. My plan is to go paleo and begin weight lifting. I am soooooo out of shape, walking up the stairs gets my heart rate really high. I have a workout room at my house that has, a treadmill, punching bag, mini trampoline, misc. weights and a kettlebell along with other various equipment.

I really plan on leveling up in life and bringing my husband along for the ride. Hopefully using Nerd Fitness and my motivation I will achieve the goals I have. :D

I'm going to try and post some pictures of me before and of my husband, I don't really have any full body shots as I got bigger.post-24873-0-00678300-1386482549_thumb.jpost-24873-0-26758600-1386482564_thumb.jpost-24873-0-47054200-1386482582_thumb.jpost-24873-0-68290800-1386482595_thumb.j

Welcome to the Rebellion!  

Sounds like you have all the equipment you need, If you ever have any questions you've certainly found a fantastic resource for getting them answered in NF.  

One suggestion I would have is to take pictures of yourself.  You don't have to show them here, or anywhere, but take it from a guy who's lost 200+ pounds your brain can be dumb.  Since you have to live with yourself ever day any changes to your body will be gradual, and you'll focus on whatever you don't like seeing in the mirror.  Even though I KNEW I lost massive amounts of weight at 30, 60, 100 pounds I didn't 'see' it in the mirror.  I needed to look at a picture of myself before and at the moment to see the changes.  They were drastic and they were real... but the brain is dumb.  So take some 'before' pictures, take a picture every month.  When you feel discouraged take a look at the progress you've made.

"By trying to please everyone he had pleased no one, and lost his ass in the bargain." - Aesop 2,500 years ago.
Level 4 Half Ogre Ranger
STR 6|DEX 4|STA 13|CON 11|WIS 5|CHA 8
Zombies, Run! Profile

Unlike me though he can live a pretty sedentary life and somehow still have a good body. He is 140lbs and almost 5"7.

1362253289_1404_Gollum.PNG?itok=TbYWALoH

WE HATESES HIM!

+1 on the photo log, even if you feel the need to keep them under lock and key.  I pretty much refused to have any pictures taken that showed just how big I'd gotten and as a result I don't get to compare before and after.  For two people that don't exercise much/lead a sedentary life you have quite a setup there in terms of kit.  Not jealous.

"Everyone thinks of changing the world, but no one thinks of changing himself" -- Tolstoy

Not sure if it was buzz or woody that said it though.

Spartan double trifecta progess:

100%
100%

Tough Mudder "10 x Legionnaire":

100.0%
100.0%
"Run ALL the things or die tryin'"
110%
110%

fitocracy Ogre Magi Lvl 16 Ranger STR: 38|DEX: 58|STA: 59|baCON: 34|WIS: 30|CHA: 30

Previously Completed: Spartan Trifecta, Enough TM Headbands to make a ski mask

Thanks,ya need to start the picture log thing, hopefully seeing actual body progression progress will keep me motivated and moving in the right direction. Haha love the Gollum pic!

On the home work out room, I was always like if I have it at home it will be easier than going to the gym..... still didn't use it. I really can't wait to actually be in shape though, like MUSCLES!!

The biggest problem I have is I guess you could say energy. I just feel so lethargic, I know if I get this weight off I will feel so much better.

Gonna get my creeper bit out of the way real quick, and just say my goodness you have lovely hair.

Moving on.

Hello and welcome! It sounds like you know what you want, and hooray for having a good support :)

For weightlifting, try Stronglifts 5x5, there's a free pdf and various tools to download by signing up. It is directed towards men, but the workouts are just as applicable for women. Also, give this a look, many women weightlifters here :)

Good luck!

Haha thanks for the hair comment :D

I have looked at the stronglifts before, but that was for my husband to get him smexy buff. I am not one of those girls that are scared to lift heavier weights so I might give the 5X5 a shot. Though right now I might just stick to the NerdFitness begginer workout as it is kind of kicking my butt.

Thank you for the warm welcomes and Merry Christmas NerdFitness!

• Like 1