Forums are back in action! ×

Greetings from France!

Hi everybody! 

I'm a 23 year old girl from France! 

I've been reading Nerd Fitness for a while and I feel that now is the time for me to work on my body. 

As a kid I was thin but being surrounded by 2 of my sisters who were having eating disorders (obesity and anorexy) I started focusing on my weight too early. Getting my first curves around 10 made me depressed and I was already dieting. Basically always had a bad relationship with food and my self image. My mom too was always depreciating my physical appearance so it didnt make things better.

I would eat nothing over long periods of times only to over eat a lot after that. I was at a normal weight until my 15's  then with high school, I went on to putting a lot of kilos to the point I was 98kgs! During the summer of that year I then dropped down around 84kgs and stayed under 88kgs until my 3rd year of college. Basically in January 2011 I fell sick, was bed ridden for 2 months  and at the same time had many problems with some relationships (rumours, no one to talk to, etc). Basically I beat myself hard for sucking so much in all areas of my life as I also failed miserably that year of college too. In a few months I went from 84kgs to 108kgs (I'm 5.8ft btw). No one recognized me, family is since then passing remarks all day, everyday (which are far from helpful, i swear). 

End of the day, I'm the one who ate those calories and put on the weight and I can't live anymore with it. 

I'm good looking, have a bright personality, i'm well read, i am a curious person etc, but I'm only stopping myself from doing every thing I ever planned for myself by being this fat and unhealthy. I've become withdrawn socially since 1 year, hiding from people I knew in the past because of shame. I don't like myself anymore at this point because I know I can become so much more and I'm wasting my youth at home, washin' the dishes, staying on the internet, sitting all day. 

I know it's a long post but I thought this community is composed of honest people, all aiming to go in the best direction towards their fitness goals so why not explain a bit about myself. 

My personal goal is to go from 108kgs to 68kgs. A lot of kilos to lose, a lot of hard work and hopefully I will enjoy the ride because you all sound so passionate on here and I would love being like this too! 

Thanks for reading me everybody !!

FrenchNerdy

Bonsoir! (ici)

Here's some direction that i found useful. Start by counting what you eat everyday, that way you know where you stand. I recommend getting the mynetdiary app (if you have an iPhone). its a calorie counter that lets you enter what you eat and can even scan grocery labels too. When you start using that app it's going to ask for your measurements so you can keep track of how much you're losing. 

Hope it helps and welcome.

• Like 1

Lvl.0 Half-elf Jedi-initiate

My first challenge

My log

One of the best motivators for me has been signing up for the next challenge. Even though the next one is still a little ways away, I'm really inspired to see if I can achieve some goals before it starts!

You'll find a lot of really supportive and helpful people here, it's a really nice community! Welcome!

• Like 1

Race: Half Elf/Human. Class: Wildling Ranger. Level: 3 STR: 6 DEX: 2 STA: 7 CON: 5 WIS: 3 CHA: 0 

First Campaign Second Campaign

Daily Campaign Battle Log

MY FITNESS PAL LOG

@Nightrother Thanks a lot for the advice. Been counting how many calories I eat on usual days and though portions are nothing big, i'm shocked at how much it represents. Needless to sayn there is no nutritional value in them.  :onthego: I use calorie counter by FatSecret, but will definitely try mynetdiary too. I might prefer it, who knows... Thanks again for the warm welcome :)

@citizenkade I didn't check the challenge yet but will definitely do that. I just love how everybody here is so warm and welcoming. I'm not a big fans of forums usually but I'll definitely stick to this one! Thanks for taking the time to read and welcome  me :)