Forums are back in action! ×

Hello everybody =)

Hello, as you may have guessed I'm new here. I stumbled upon nerdfitness a while ago and have really enjoyed it, so I finally joined up haha. 

So I suppose this is where I tell a little story about myself, lets see...I have always been a rather skinny guy which I couldnt stand.

I graduated high school at 130 pounds of skinny fatness standing all of 5'8". 

I joined the USAF and really had a good time...till I was injured, things happen. On the bright side I did gain 20 pounds yay!

Back in 2001 I found the Body For Life challenge and my wife and I both completed it, it was wonderful and started me on a new path to health and working out.

My goal after that was to get as big as possible, so I ate and squatted and dead-lifted my self all the way to 195 pounds, problem was I still saw that skinny kid looking back at me in the mirror. Also due to the fact that I did exactly ZERO cardio I couldn't run up a flight of stairs without being winded haha.

In 2007 I tried to re-enter the military yay! I found out that I had a kidney disease Boo! Per my doctors request I stopped lifting heavy weights...BOO! I ended up losing 35 pounds. 

Since all this has happened my kidney disease has gone into remission(yay!) and I have slowly made it back up to 175 as of today.

My training has evolved ALOT during this time. I really enjoy minimalist style workouts, bodyweight stuff and I use kettlebells.

I still try to get some squats and deadlifts in but I don't freak out if I miss a session or 2.  Also found out that I do in fact enjoy yoga...who knew?! And I have been involved in martial arts for about 10 years. 

If you have made it this far then thank you for reading, and I cant wait to "meet" new people on here  :nevreness:

• Like 1