Forums are back in action! ×

So here I am, pretty new to this site and posting my introduction to start linking into the community. I think it is time to find some like minded people.

The story thus far; 42 year old mother of seven lads. Was seriously active up until I became a SAHM 20 years ago. Baby weight was the first obstacle I ever had to deal with concerning weight.

Two years ago I reached 113kg (249 pound ) it was horrendous. So started getting active again, managed to get down to 95kg (209 pound), hit plateau and things nose dived again, however this time I didn't let it get so out of control only reaching 106kg ( 233 pound ) before dusting off the gym shoes.

I found NF and just thought this makes sense.

So I have been Paleo for 5 weeks, walking 6km a day for 3 weeks and started my weight training this week. So all up over 5 weeks I have lost 6 kilo (13 pond).

Reading a few of the other posts has made me feel at home and especially the larger ladies, genetically we are doomed, huge family, tall ( I am 175 cm or 5ft 8 ) and well covered, my brothers exceed all the boxes of normal, but they have managed to stay fit, healthy and in good shape.

Anyway it's all good, I have found a community I feel comfortable in and I look forward to this next quest!

• Like 1

Wait! What............?

Madam Seven,

I wish to WELCOME YOU TO THE REBELLION! I am the King of Lame and I shall be your welcoming commitee today.
Now that the plesentries are out of the way I wish to commend you on your accomplishments thus far.
Peleo is a dificult diet plan, I have a weak will when it come to some foods, and have been doing a slackened version of it.
While I don't yet know how much I have lost I'm just keeping at it.

Next, while I haven't been here but maybe a week or so I have seen that the Rebellion is extremely supportive and helpful.
Should you ever have questions I have no doubt our brothers and sisters here would be able to assist you.

Seven lads, that's a handful I'm sure. My mum had a bit of a hard time juggling just my brother and me, I couldn't imagine adding five more to the group.
So anyways, before I start rambling, welcome to the Rebellion(again) and keep up the good work.
I hope to hear more of your progress.

Cheers,
The King of Lame

• Like 1

Cin vhetin. Ca'nara at am, vod!

0.5%
0.5%

Race: Gallifreyan.

Class: Vigilante (Ranger/ Assassin/ Monk)

Current Class: Assassin

Level: 3 Level Per Class: 2/ 1/ 0
STR: 4 DEX: 4
STA: 6 CON: 6
WIS: 4 CHA: 5

Excellent progress!  Are you feeling the habits becoming more of the norm?

Absolutely! It was hard the first two weeks, really hard, especially trying to adopt food for on the go, instead of a snack bar or "healthy" shake, I had to make time to think about what I could have instead, it is easier now.

I have found I appreciate the naturally sweet more, food has more flavour now, similar to when you give up smoking and your taste buds recover, this is better though!

• Like 1

Wait! What............?

Seven boys, damn. I have four girls and 2 boys. Not often I see families bigger than mine. :)

Welcome to the rebellion and a good bunch of folks.

Sent from my GT-I9507 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Where to find me: Current Challenge : Battle Log Facebook : Instagram :

"Each day, just focus on getting 1% better in whatever it is you're trying to improve. That's it. Just 1%." ArtofManliness Article.

"That which is wise and holy helps the health and wholeness of the chain of generations." D. R. Miller. 

"We do not rise to our expectations. We fall to our level of training." Archilochus

Welcome to the collective, Seven!  I've been using the NF info to change my crazy little world for almost a year now but regretfully  never introduced myself on the forums until yesterday!

I don't know much about the forums but it's easy to see that there are a great number of people here ready and willing to offer support & advice to us noobs.

Keep up the good work and again, welcome.

• Like 1

sedit qui timuit ne non succederet

Welcome to the collective, Seven!  I've been using the NF info to change my crazy little world for almost a year now but regretfully  never introduced myself on the forums until yesterday!

I don't know much about the forums but it's easy to see that there are a great number of people here ready and willing to offer support & advice to us noobs.

Thank you Seldom, any help and a hand up is much appreciated!

Wait! What............?

Good gravy SSS, I've been here like 6 months and decided to open up on day 1.  You're missing out.

Welcome Seven! You'll find it takes about 3 weeks everyday to make/break a habit.  It's good that you're starting to get into the groove. 

I noticed after doing a whole30 that lots of foods taste totally different. Corn is freaking weird now.

Welcome to the Rebellion! As a 48 (gulp) yr old I love seeing 40+ women working out and getting stronger. Congrats on your great start. You can do this

Wisdom 22.5   Dexterity 13   Charisma 15   Strength 21  Constitution-13

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind' Luke 10; 27