Forums are back in action! ×

PikminGuts92 Joins NF

Hey everyone, I've been visiting the site for some time now. I actually found it while I was looking for fitness articles to follow on my Pulse app for android. The name "Nerd Fitness" immediately caught my attention and I've read so many helpful blog posts and transformation stories on here that I decided it was time to join the community.

About Me

I'm a quiet person. I loved playing video games when I was growing up. I played just about everything I could get my hands on. But as I've aged and gained more responsibilities, I've had less time for gaming beyond a couple hours hours a week. My favorite video games are the Rock Band and Rocksmith series. I've always loved music but those games introduced me to so much and have shaped my music tastes dramatically.

About My Journey

I'm 21 years old and have been overweight my entire life basically. At my heaviest I was around 300lbs. I might have been slightly heavier but back then I very infrequently weighed myself. I say 'back then' because it was a few months back that I decided it was time for a change. I didn't exactly have 'that moment'; that huge turning point in my life that made me change my ways. It was several gradual nudges over the years that contributed to my decision. The final push was when I decided I wanted to join the Air Force and, of course, I must be in shape for that. For my height, the maximum weight is 170lbs.

My journey started the first full week of August earlier this year. To my surprise, the first week I weighed myself I was only 287lbs. For 20 weeks since then I've been hitting the gym 5 days a week and staying away from junk food. Currently I'm at 222lbs so that's a total of 65 pounds from my starting weight.  That's actually more than halfway to my goal which is hard for me to believe because the time just flew by so fast.

One of my regrets is that I haven't been tracking my progress with selfies. I still have pictures of the old 300lb me but I would have liked to see what the gradual transformation looked like. People tell me all the time I look so much different than who I was before. Honestly it's just weird thinking to myself "Wow. Was I really THAT overweight?" because I still consider myself to be somewhat big.

Welcome Pikmin!

Great job on losing 65 lbs! Shame about the lack of selfies, but what can you do? Good luck with your training to get into the Air Force! Be sure to get a picture of you in uniform when you make it! That will be a comparison worth making!

Current form: Chubby House Cat (lvl4)

Weight objective: 20%

S. 4 P. 6 E. 4 C. 7 I. 8 A. 4 L. 5

Battle log

Current Challenge

Handy linky.