Forums are back in action! ×

so this is xmas...

Greetings everyone! I'm pretty excited I found this site. Long story short, I've been doing a workout program called Chalean Extreme for 2 months now and instead of getting smaller I'm getting bigger. (gained 15 lbs AND no longer fit in any of my pants) I know what you're thinking, I must be eating terribly or too much. I've followed a plant-based diet for the past 9 years with much success. Before I became a 'nutritarian', I struggled with my weight all the time. Once I started focusing on whole food, plant based meals, the weight came off effortlessly. I'm not perfect with the way I eat, but I'm more than 85% on target. Anyway, I was maintaining my weight before this pretty well. But once I started this workout program (that I've done before a couple of years ago with great success) things have gone crazy. I'm trying really hard not to feel defeated since I wasn't doing this for temporary, quick results. I just want to be lifting weights and working out regularly because I know I feel better when I do this. And I do feel better, so there's that. Anyway, I'm sticking with it and if things don't get better in another month, I think a doctor visit is in order, and not one of the fun kinds of visits that take place in the tardis. 

I'm excited to be part of this 'team'. Looking forward to getting to know some of y'all better! :)

Merry Xmas and Happy New Year!

Hello GKMama!

Mmh, that is an intriguing situation you are in. I'm assuming that it is fat you are gaining? Or could it be muscle? Although 15 pounds of muscle in 2 months sounds like a lot... I would suggest that you track your calorie intake over the next month. That might clear up the issue. If you workout a lot, it follows that you are eating more, and maybe you simply got carried away with it a little.

Maybe it's that 15% that's screwing up your results... I couldn't say without more information. In any case, keep us posted and good luck!

• Like 1

Current form: Chubby House Cat (lvl4)

Weight objective: 20%

S. 4 P. 6 E. 4 C. 7 I. 8 A. 4 L. 5

Battle log

Current Challenge

Handy linky.

Thanks for the response, SilverRapier. Not sure what's going in on, but I'm not going to let it derail me... just keep on doing what I'm doing and not worrying too much about it. The important part is that I feel great, so... 

As for tracking calories, I've done my time doing that and, like I said, I've spent 9 years eating in a way that allows me to maintain. Tracking calories makes me a little too obsessive and gets me into that dangerous 'eating disorder' category. I know it works really well for some, but not so well for me. I am going to clean up my diet, however, and make it more like 95% so I'm hoping that will help. 

Thanks again! Time to do my workout! :D