Forums are back in action! ×

Music Brain

Ok, so I've been a musician since I was 2 years old... That's 20 years. I also suffer from PTSD, depression, anxiety & ADHD (the ADHD is generally mental activity based). I just want to know if anyone else can simultaneously have multiple pieces of music in their head? This is a bit more than an "earworm" which is just a song you can't get out of your head. Sometimes the music in my head (it's not a hallucination, it's not like I can *physically* hear it) is a full symphony and a rock tune or a pop song and it kind of naturally syncs or undergoes keychanges to make musical sense... Sometimes it's a song I'm pretty sure I haven't heard or I've just made up. It gets pretty overwhelming and exhausting sometimes. Anyone else get this?

My First Challenge - Slaying the Phantom

Mines more EDM, funk and rap, but yes, yes I do. The only way I can quiet it at times is if I pound out the beat on something, like my desk or garbage can, whatever is near, which drives every one around me nuts at time, but hey it's better than twitching out and not being able to relax

Between a rock and a hard place, use our finger nails to climb, it's all we know..........

Daily Mile

Perfer et obdura: Dolor hic tibi proderit olim

I don't have anything near the level that you have for in-head music, but there is usually one of two things that happen for me. One is a rhythm or beat that's running through my head. My method of dealing with it is similar to Frost of the Gloaming. The other is closer to the "earworm" thing you mentioned, except usually with songs that I haven't sung/played/listened to in years (say, from an elementary school music performance or a middle school band concert, but sometimes more recent ones too). I will find myself waking up to these songs playing in my head or randomly starting at times during the day. As for the fix, whenever possible I try having music playing in the background, as that gives a focus to follow as well as rhythms I can tap my fingers to.

Level 3 Bearded Assassin

Str: 10     Dex: 9     Sta: 6     Con: 7     Wis: 4     Cha: 3

Current Challenge: Respawn    Past Challenges: 1 2 3

Daily Battle Log   Album

"I'm not losing weight. I'm getting rid of it. I have no intention of ever finding it again."

I'm pretty sure this is how mashups happen. ;) My boyfriend is a musician and he says all the time that he's got two pieces of music going in his head. It's even worse when he's working on something of his own. 

"Life is Forever Tries" - Glennon Melton Doyle

My Current Mantra: These little changes WILL add up. There WILL be a tipping point. I just have to be patient.