Forums are back in action! ×

Hello everyone,

I am brand new to this site, but love the concept of combining gaming and fitness and cannot wait to participate in my first 6 week challenge and get involved with the community.

I'm 36 y/o , happily married and childfree. Whatever dubious claims to a maternal instinct that I may posses are directed towards a collection of charming companion animals, and any left over desire to nurture is spent upon my garden. Quite a few of the things I plant live.

I've had a few mental health challenges over the course of my life - including eating disorders - which have really taken a toll on my physical health. I have learned over the years that for me there is no possibility of physical health while my mental health is in decline; I have to get myself together from the head down and so the physical side of things does tend to be the first to go.

I have in the recent past made a number of starts on getting my physical health back on track, but have been derailed each time by life taking a sudden and dramatic turn for the worse, which deprioritised the physical side of things and re-emphasised the need to focus on my mind. None the less those short forays into fitness have given me a good idea of what I enjoy, what works for me and what doesn't.

Up until very recently I have been lucky enough to have good metabolic health markers in spite of my excess weight, but now I have a couple of markers that are cause for concern while still being eminently reversible with a change of lifestyle. At the same time Life has settled down enough that I think I finally have the mental and emotional energy to focus back on the physical realm again.

I suspect I am most suited to being a Dwarf (a really fat one) as I am short and quite strong, but lack natural agility (I am also somewhat reclusive and a bit grumpy). As I am all shiny and new that makes me an Adventurer for now, though I have aspirations to be a Ranger.

Looking forward to getting stuck in and getting to know people.

Race: Dwarf
Class: Adventurer (aspiring Ranger) 
Level: 0     Str: 0     Dex:  0     Sta:0     Con: 0     Wis: 0     Cha: 0

Welcome KittyMojo!

Sorry to hear your life has been so hard. Nice that things are getting better, though! Do you know what you want to do for your first challenge?

Thanks, it has been a challenging one, but not altogether unrewarding  :rapture:  It is a very exciting time for me now that things have settled down and I can start making some forward progress across many areas of my life.

I want to start the next challenge on 6 Jan, and my Main Quest is going to be do the Colour Run in Melbourne on March 2.

For that I will be:

Doing C25K program 3x per week (have actually just started this already, so hopefully I will be on week 2 when I start the challenge)

10,000 steps per day minimum

Stretching properly, daily

My Life Quest is to get myself back into Intuitive Eating by listening to my self hypnosis track everyday.

Race: Dwarf
Class: Adventurer (aspiring Ranger) 
Level: 0     Str: 0     Dex:  0     Sta:0     Con: 0     Wis: 0     Cha: 0