Forums are back in action! ×

Time to start making things happen

Hello All!

I am a 28 year old individual who is finally taking charge of her personal fitness and health.  This has not been an issue for me until a couple years ago.  I grew up in the country with more than enough things to keep me active and going.  Then through out college I was a biology major which consisted of several outdoor labs combined with practically living in the Allegheny National Forest on a student's salary no less.  It wasn't until I moved to Mississippi that I began putting on a few pounds what with finally having enough money for food and living in an area devoid of my most loved past time of hiking in the woods. Not that Mississippi doesn't have woods I just am not very fond of the Giant Banana spiders they have there along with who knows what else.  After spending 4 years trying to raise a family on a very poor biologist's budget I joined the military.  Those two months most certainly got me in shape!! As well as a lot of pain.  I limped around for at least another 2 good months after that.  Since then its has been a slow but steady packing on of the pounds.  While I am still in adequate shape according to the military my last PRT put me at the upper limit of my weight allowance and simply earned me a good in both the sit ups and push ups and only a satisfactory in the run.  That was a real eye opener for me and as someone who has never really had to exercise (besides the mandatory 3x a week with my command) I realize that I really need to step things up a notch or two (or four) to really make things happen.  Especially if I want to stay and make this my career. 

So, to wrap things up I just wanted to introduce myself as well as formally commit to this new habit I am in the beginning of creating.  I appreciate how there is the spirit of accountability to update and keep up on the habit when you know that others may (or may not) be watching you.  As well as be a source of useful information and encouragement!  I believe that at the moment my race would be the average human aspiring to be a ranger.

Human Ranger Level 0

STR 0 : DEX 0 : STA 0 : CON 0 : WIS 0 : CHA 0

http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/41686-time-to-start-making-things-happen/