Forums are back in action! ×

Lets get down to business

I've always planned on losing weight for the last year now, but never got round to it. With the New Year dawning in a matter of hours, i've decided that its time to make a change. My weight has fluctuated quite a lot over the last 12 months and i know that its time to get down to business and finally reach for my goal and get that body i've always wanted! 

I have started a fitness diary, recording my measurements, my workouts and what i eat (I can't be bothered to count calories, its so boring, so i just stick to eating healthily). I hope that this will keep me on track while i undertake my 30 day personal challenge to get fit.

After searching the internet for workouts, i found nerdfitness and its beginners circuit workout. It looks doable and great for losing that extra bit of weight. Once i've lost some of the fat, i want to start weight training, to gain muscle strength and to tone up. At the moment i only own 1kg weights (because i have the skinniest arms known to man and bought the smallest ones i could find to start with) but i think i'll probably need to find something heavier to get the muscles i want.

I'm only 18 and a newbie to all this fitness stuff, so i'd appreciate any tips anyone has to help me get started.