Forums are back in action! ×

Chasing my own tail...

OK...so here I am.  An obese 37 year old woman in pain daily.  I already feel like I'm 60 years old physically.  I need to turn my life around now BEFORE I end up with Type II diabetes or worse.  I know what it is I have to do but for some reason I always end up being my own worst enemy.  I'm not really in the mindset right now to explain my whole dieting history...nobody has time for that mess so I will keep this brief!  Suffice it to say that I've been up and down the same 15-20 pounds for the last 20 years.  I've been chasing my tail and spinning in circles for longer than I can remember and its got to stop.  I'm dizzy and sick of this ride!  I am here and I will do this because if I don't do it now, it will soon be too late.  I have two little girls who I need to be energetic and lively for.  They are young for such a short time and I want to be fun, vibrant and full of life.  I used to be feisty...if I don't change my ways, I will just end up crotchety.  My family and I are planning a family vacation to Disney/Universal this June and I don't want to end up doing the walk of shame because I can't fit on any of the rides!  OK...full disclosure here...I'm 5'6" and 230 pounds.  I should probably be around 150ish... so that's about 80 pounds I need to lose.  Ugh...seeing that number is truly overwhelming.  

Welcome Hooligan!

I feel your pain, for I was in pretty much the same situation. Don't let the numbers scare you! It's going to take time, but bit by bit you are going to drop that weight and pack on a little muscle, until you won't know yourself!

Find some exercises you like to do, start making changes in your diet, keep yourself accountable, and you'll get there! Slow and steady will get you where you want! Good luck and keep us posted! If you need any information, check out the forums, and we'll be there to answer your questions!

Current form: Chubby House Cat (lvl4)

Weight objective: 20%

S. 4 P. 6 E. 4 C. 7 I. 8 A. 4 L. 5

Battle log

Current Challenge

Handy linky.