Forums are back in action! ×

Having been my own worst enemy for 24 years now, I've decided to think forward to a long healthy life.  Realizing that I need to get out of my own way is the first big step I've made.  The day I woke up and told myself "You're going to be 25 next year, get your shit together!" was the beginning of all of this.  

In my family health problems, primarily heart related, are common.  I've had high cholesterol since I was 7 and have never really been in good physical shape.  Time for things to change!  

I'm 5'11" and about 274 lbs.  Eating poorly and little activity make me feel terrible.  Also, I smoke.  This may sound like another New Year's resolution, but its not.  Knowing that I would fail trying to start over the holidays,  I decided to wait until they'd passed.  Today is the day when I stop letting the fear of asking questions and "feeling dumb" control my health.  Its time for me to take charge of my life and make the most of it.  

Also, its great to have found such a cool place to learn and get support.