Forums are back in action! ×

I may or may not be Obi-Wan Kenobi

Hello, everyone!

My name is Chris, and I'm a 25-year-old PhD student from Dunedin, New Zealand. I've been doing a variant of the Paleo 'diet' for about four months now, and my weight training has really been coming along nicely. This site wasn't my introduction to paleo - I've been reading on the topic of fitness and nutrition for about a decade now, and my whole family is very well informed about this sort of thing. I stumbled onto Nerd Fitness a few days ago, and this place really seems to fit my ethos and my Geek-Jock (Gock) hybrid nature.

So, I'm looking forward to meeting you all and joining you in the Rebellion against the Empire.

May the Force be with you.

Do, or do not; there is no try.

Welcome!

Gock-I like that.

What is your diet like? I don't follow a strictly paleo diet and am always interested to hear about variations.

"I'm just going to remember to not eat like an asshole most of the time" - MoC

three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: one must squat.- Brobert Frost
 Half-Elf Warrior | Current Challenge
 New Battle Log | Old Battle Log
Special thanks to AkLulu for drawing my awesome avatar!

Haha, yes, I do have a favourite: The Balblair 21yo special edition (1989), though generally I also go for the peatier whiskies. I have a reasonable collection of them now (47 bottles at the moment). It's an expensive hobby for a student ;).

Here's me on the best day of my life:

Posted Image

On that trip, yeah, but I've been around quite a bit. To be honest, once you've seen one, you've seen them all, unless there's something really special about the distillery itself.

Talisker is special because, well, you'd have to be there to understand, really. It's in Carbost which is very, very, very isolated, even relative to the rest of Skye!