Forums are back in action! ×

Dirty 30 around the corner

Hi everyone,

I'm very excited about the nerd fitness community/program/lifestyle. I've been lifting weights for the past few months but really ran across nerd fitness a month ago and it changed everything for me. I've started and quit lifting a dozen times because I would work arms one day, legs another, and chest another day etc... it would leave me sooo sore I didn't ever want to come back. Plus I hurt my back about 6 months ago and it really made me scared to work out again.

Now I have a new plan and new fitness goals. And it's just in time cause I was getting a little 'pudgy' and definitely weak and I'm turning 30 in 3 months. I'm a pretty skinny guy who wants to be a 'ranger'. I've lost 4 pounds in the past couple of months but I think it's mostly do to trying go paleo. I seam to only get there 2/3 of the time.

My new routine - All in a circuit except for the running.

Day 1

Run 5 minutes

Bench

Squat

Inverted Row

Plank

Day 2
Run 5 minutes

Deadlift (haven't started them yet until I have someone make sure I'm doing them right.)

Assisted Pull Up

Standing Military Press

Reverse Crunches

Day 3 

Run 5 minutes

Assisted Dip

Assisted Chin Up

Decline Barbell Bench

Reverse Crunches

My 2014 Goals:

200lb squat

150lb bench

10 pull ups - These are killing me!!!

150lb deadlift

Thanks for any help and support. This is the best I've felt about working out in a long time.

Chris

Chris Hornick = Bassist for the band Judd Hoos + web/design guy + happy husband/father.

@chrishornick | WeightTraining.com Profile