Forums are back in action! ×

Hey guys!

Obviously, like most people who post stuff on here, I'm new =]  and I'm really, really excited to be here and meet all of y'all. 

So, let me introduce myself:

My name this Thu (pronounced like the #2) and I just graduated with a bachelors in psychology, biology, and anthropology in May. Currently I am in a gap year, where I'm trying to figure out what the heck I can do with my degrees. At the moment, I am working at a salon (7 days a week -_-) and writing for a scientific blog. That takes up the majority of my time so I have no real "life" outside of work. I do have a doggie though - Casper. He's the bestest. He is a pitbull mix and just turned one in October. He's a handful and my walking buddy. 

To address why I've come here, I've always been pretty good with maintaining my weight and health until I started college. All the pressure and stress got to me and I gained a whole lot of weight and developed health problems. I'm here to get back on track and become healthy again. I think it'll be a good change - all the positivity, encouragement, advice, and challenges should definitely do it =] 

Again, I'm really excited to be here and I can't wait to meet some awesome new people =] 

STR 0 ¦ DEX 0 ¦ STA 0 ¦ CON 0 ¦ WIS 0 ¦ CHA 0

----------------------------------------------------------

It doesn't get easier, you just get better. 

Woah three bachelors at the same time, that's great achievement! And yea college is a really hard time to be healthy, so many distractions and bad influences. That and with limited time, energy, and money you end up eating junk because real nutrition is just too far out of reach. Well its nice to meet you Thu! :) So do you have a plan of action?

Thank you!

Plan of action? Not a concrete one. 

I want to eat healthier and I'm going to do this by cutting out all that junk. Paleo is going to be a tough one for me because I'm asian and love my rice >.< But I'm going to approach it slowly, like you. Slow and steady wins the race right? 

I also want to get stronger, specifically, I want to build my upper body strength. As of right now, my lower body strength (my legs) are like steal ... but I can't even lift like 40lbs without struggling -_- So I think what I want to do is build my upper body.. while maintaing my lower body. Also, I wanna do more cardio. I walk with Casper almost everyday but I wanna do more so we'll see what I add to it. 

I don't know, I think I'm just going to start off slow and see where everything is and what I can do and then build from there?

STR 0 ¦ DEX 0 ¦ STA 0 ¦ CON 0 ¦ WIS 0 ¦ CHA 0

----------------------------------------------------------

It doesn't get easier, you just get better.