Forums are back in action! ×

Squared Away & Ready to Roll

Hey Everyone,

WarfighterKev here, finally signing up and saying hello. I've been lurking on the boards for a week or two, and last night I took the plunge. This is a community I need to become a part of. 

I'll try to be short and sweet - trust me, my battle logs will likely lack any such brevity, so enjoy it while you can! In the civilian world I'm a regular guy working a really cool 9-5 job. I'm married with a little one on the way, and my wife and I enjoy a pretty laid back lifestyle. I spend most of my days chained to my desk - but I love my work and try not to complain too much. 

My body, however, complains all the time. You see, my nights and weekends are spent very differently than my workweek grind. For the last 15 years I've been an active martial artist, and have been fortunate enough to compete and place in high level Taekwondo tournaments. I also train in submission grappling, and I've got my first tournament coming up at the end of the month. On top of that, as a military reservist I have the privilege of putting on a uniform and doing all kinds of awesome G.I. Joe stuff. I feel like a very lucky guy when I wake up in the morning, and I'm thankful for all the opportunities I've had. 

But, like I said, my body hurts. My nutrition is weak, and I'm paying the price when I go from zero at work to 60 everywhere else (dropping 20 pounds would be awesome). A series of injuries pretty much crippled my one-time serious weightlifting, and I'm not close to hitting the numbers I used to. It's humbling, frustrating...and motivating.

I'm here because I want to get squared away. I want to outclass my competition in tournaments, I want to destroy my military physical fitness test, and I want to attack those weights in the gym with unbridled fury. I know that I'll accomplish these goals, because I'm going to put in the time - and I look forward to putting in that time knowing that there are folks here doing the same thing. 

And while all the fighting and lifting is awesome, what I want most is to be healthy and set a good example for my almost newborn. When she thinks of daddy, I want her to see a man who's fit, active, and healthy. 

I'm really looking forward to being active here, and getting a chance to chat with folks in the coming months.  

All the best,

WarfighterKev

P.S. - That was neither short or sweet. Brevity can be overrated. 

• Like 1

WarfighterKev, Level 0 Human. Warrior Monk
STR 0 | DEX 0 | STA 0 | CON 0 | WIS 0 | INT 0 |CHA 0

Introduction Post I Battlelog I Current Challenge

"It is spiritless to think that you cannot attain that which you have seen and heard the masters attain. The masters are men. You are a man. If you think that you will be inferior in doing something, you will be on that road very soon."

Yamamoto Tsunetomo

Hi Warfighter! Welcome to the Rebellion ^.^

You got some super nifty goals there, taekwondo is an amazing art (I dabbled for a year or two). It's great that you want to get your nutrition in order! My husband is active duty and if they feed you want they feed him even for a weekend, I can imagine it being hard on your body.hope you have an awesome time here and accomplish your goals! Welcome again!

Hobbit Assassin Recruit

Level 0

Str: 0     Dex: 0     Sta: 0     Con: 0     Wis: 0     Cha: 0

“Though she may be but little, she is fierce!†
― Helena, Midsummer Night's Dream, Shakespeare

Challenge Page | Soon to be Bucket list page

Howard Shore is my homeboy

Hey Folks,

Thanks for the really positive welcome! All big goals are really just the accomplishment of many small goals - and that's my mindset as I move forward with my current training cycle and the next 6 Week Challange. I'm looking forward to getting to know you all better!

Here's the link to my Battlelog: WarfighterKev's Battlelog

Thanks again,

WarfighterKev

WarfighterKev, Level 0 Human. Warrior Monk
STR 0 | DEX 0 | STA 0 | CON 0 | WIS 0 | INT 0 |CHA 0

Introduction Post I Battlelog I Current Challenge

"It is spiritless to think that you cannot attain that which you have seen and heard the masters attain. The masters are men. You are a man. If you think that you will be inferior in doing something, you will be on that road very soon."

Yamamoto Tsunetomo