Forums are back in action! ×

Another Australian on an American Site

Hi Everyone!

I am the poster child of the 'falling off the horse and getting back on in a couple months time' pattern of behaviour. I've been lurking around on this site for a while (re. more than a year) and have decided that with my fitness goals I was really lacking the support network I needed. All in all I'm hoping to retain my motivation to continue to eat clean and get my physical abilities to where I ideally want them to be.

Having grown up with asthma and a serious case of 'ball to face' syndrome during school sports I have never placed fitness on high priority. However as luck would have it my growth spurts have come back to bite me with weak inner thigh muscles and as a result I have dislocated my left knee cap twice in the past 3 years. The injury is painful but the rehabilitation is more so. Ultimately if I can start and keep up the plans to strengthen my legs to avoid this in future then I'd already be a pretty happy gal. Seriously I can't even pivot without risking another injury - always appreciate your ability to pirouette, my fellow nerds! 

To put it in a nice bite sized format; I'm here to help others and retain motivation, become physically stronger and to put an end to this horrible level of unfit that has been out of breathe after a power walk to catch a bus in the morning.

Good luck!

I can't imagine what that must feel and be like! I'm so glad you're taking the time to get your strength back and to build it! I've known people who hurt their knee and let it get them down. It's horrible!

Keep at it! Good luck!

STR 0 ¦ DEX 0 ¦ STA 0 ¦ CON 0 ¦ WIS 0 ¦ CHA 0

----------------------------------------------------------

It doesn't get easier, you just get better. 

Welcome! Another fellow Aussie here, and plenty of us around. good luck with the challenges and get stuck in :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Level 10 - Ironborn sellsword        Weight loss goal: 90kg --> 70kg      Endurance goal: non-stop 5km       Power goal: 10 full form pushups

Find me: My Fitness Pal | Fitbit | Feb 16 challenge

"I don't want to have a dozen sons. I want to have adventures" ~ Asha Greyjoy