Forums are back in action! ×

New to this and feeling pathetic..,

I am new to this, I let myself get out of shape over the years due to various health problems that had me babying myself...to the point that on a treadmill at a speed of 1.6, no incline, walking just 20 minutes I walked a half a mile, burned 85 calories, and my heart rate was 101. And it was a challenge! I am embarrassed. Yesterday I walked 20 minutes around my apartment because it was 57 and sunny, but again it was tough! And will I get on the treadmill after a day at work or will I fold? I hope I will get on it!

Welcome and I'm also new to this site.  My thoughts...don't feel pathetic.  You made an important first step in starting to get active as well as coming to this site.  I always remind myself that fitness is a marathon and not a sprint...it takes time and is a process, not an overnight cure.

Desk jockey by day, ISSA Certified Fitness Trainer by night.

Hi! I think you'll be surprised at how quickly you will be able to go just a little bit faster or a little bit farther. Then out and about in the real world, you might notice you're a little less winded. I'm excited for you!

• Like 1

Maenad, Adventurer

“It is never too late to be what you might have been.† -George Eliot

Ready for my first challenge!  http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/42050-wndrgrl-has-something-to-prove-to-herself/

My daily battle log:                     http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/42589-wndrgrl-goes-to-war/

Just remember: Every day you're a little stronger. Every day you have a little more endurance, a little more health. In a month, you and that treadmill are going to be fast friends. Push yourself just a little more, even if it's just a minute more every time you get on. Pathetic isn't getting into a predicament; pathetic is doing nothing about it. You are now doing something about it, and that is pretty impressive!

Now, get on with your bad self, and kick some butt! Welcome to the Rebellion!

Race: Half Elf/Human. Class: Wildling Ranger. Level: 3 STR: 6 DEX: 2 STA: 7 CON: 5 WIS: 3 CHA: 0 

First Campaign Second Campaign

Daily Campaign Battle Log

MY FITNESS PAL LOG

Hiya KrysiaRose, welcome to the Rebellion! To reiterate what TKDwarrior and WndrGrl said, don't feel pathetic and you'll definitely see a difference(no matter how small) just from taking this first step.

By the way, check out Hobbit's guide to Walking. It's a great article about walking/running and a great way to track your progress.

Good luck in all of your goals!

I want to be as strong as I need to be. Physically, as well as mentally.

"Even a reject can surpass an elite, if he trains hard enough!" - Goku

I refuse to fail!

Ray, Lvl 2 Orc Monk

STR 2|DEX 1|STA 2|CON 4|WIS 4|CHA 2

Current Challenge

Previous Challenge
Facebook / Twitter
^^FRIEND ME/FOLLOW ME^^