Forums are back in action! ×

Lazybones looking to become Superbones

Hi all,

My name is Thomas, I'm 20 years old, and I'm from the UK. As you can see from the pictures below, I'm not here to lose weight. :playful: Instead, I'm here to gain some muscle and improve my fitness. My normal self is lazy, struggles to get out of bed, and has a fitness regime comprising of nothing - even a 15 minute walk can make my chest a little tight! :redface-new: But my alter ego is named Inferno, and he's not a superhero. He's a villain. He's a badass. When he's exercising, no one wants to speak to him because he's angry and formidable (the exact opposite of me).

Day One of Nerd Fitness

Day One of Nerd Fitness

So yeah. That's me. :nevreness:

I'm looking to join the rangers, as I want to gain muscle and increase general fitness and I thin that guild will be able to help me with both; even my username thinks I should join them! Shortly after writing this I'll be creating my first six-week challenge. This is what I want to accomplish in the long run:

1.) Have a six pack (but not a heavy one, if that makes sense)
2.) Be able to run every morning for at least half an hour
3.) Have a better sleeping pattern
4.) Have a great general fitness
5.) Gain a bit of muscle
6.) Eat much less chocolate

My "medium" goal is to run my town's 5k fun run. It sounds like nothing to most of you, I'm sure, but to me it would be a huge achievment. I want to run the whole thing. It's in May, so I have enough time to prepare for it, I think.

And finally, my six-week challenge is quite simple: get up the same time every morning and go for a walk/jog. Just doing that would be great! :pride:

Last thing - what do people think about running barefoot? I'm a little sceptical not because of the process, but because it's wet and windy where I live and my feet get cold quickly. If I bought those barefoot shoe things, would my feet be warm enough? Or will my feet warm up just from walking/running, and I can put on some warm socks once I get back in the house?

Thank you for listening and answering any of my questions, and if there's anything you feel I should know regarding this forum, the site in general, my goals, or fitness in general (website links and article links from this site would be cool), then it would be much appreciated!

P.S. I have high metabolism, so I can literally eat ANYTHING I want and not gain any weight. I eat a lot of chocolate, so that I'm hoping to cut down on, as mentioned earlier. Otherwise, my diet is good (although again, I'm open to suggestions) - I live with parents parents currently.

P.P.S. I'm 158 pounds/11.4 stone/ 71.6kg and I'm just over 6 feet tall.

Feel the burn!

- Inferno (my alter ego)

Welcome to the rebellion, Thomas!

Those are some pretty great goals! Since you want info and links, here they are!

For that six-pack: http://www.nerdfitness.com/blog/2010/01/14/monty-python-and-the-holy-abs/

Barefoot running: http://www.nerdfitness.com/blog/2009/11/04/barefoot-running-the-great-debate/

Sleeping: http://www.nerdfitness.com/blog/2013/11/19/are-you-making-these-mistakes-with-your-sleep/

There are more resources on the site, but these should be pretty good to get you started. Good luck with your goals and keep us posted!

Current form: Chubby House Cat (lvl4)

Weight objective: 20%

S. 4 P. 6 E. 4 C. 7 I. 8 A. 4 L. 5

Battle log

Current Challenge

Handy linky.