Forums are back in action! ×

Screw you, desk job, I want my abs back.

Hey folks, Guildenstern here. As a long time gamer, currently on hiatus game blogger/let's player/video content creator who recently started gaining weight at an alarming rate after starting a desk job with an insurance company, this struck me as a pretty good community to help me get started.

I'm a former cross country runner so this newfound paunch is somewhat alien to me and I think I've already had about enough of it. Beyond that, though, I'd also like to put on a bit more muscle than I had in my running days. For looks, sure, but I'm also an avid self-defense practitioner and I'd like to have a bit of muscle weight behind me so that (God forbid) I'll be able to retain control of my weapon in a struggle.

So with those goals in place I'm hoping to get started with everybody and their mother here in 2014 at getting in shape. I'm looking closely at the strong lifts 5x5 program though I have zero experience with weight lifting and am somewhat concerned about learning form (along with some apprehension about stepping into the grunting, sweaty realm if the free weight rooms).

So that's that. Here's hoping you guys will see a bit more of me around as I try to get this done.

Welcome to the rebellion, Guildenstern!

Don't be afraid of the free weights! They are your friends! Check out the lifting forum for more information: http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/forum/85-powerlifting-and-weightlifting/

Good luck and keep us posted!

Current form: Chubby House Cat (lvl4)

Weight objective: 20%

S. 4 P. 6 E. 4 C. 7 I. 8 A. 4 L. 5

Battle log

Current Challenge

Handy linky.