Forums are back in action! ×

Good evening (in my time zone at least)

Good evening from the UK,

I've been meaning to put my introduction on here for the past week or so now, but I never know what to say!

I am an Analysis Engineer (I do a lot of maths) at a heavy duty engine company (we supply John Deere etc.),so I spend a large proportion of my day sat down.  I currently live in Gloucestershire, though I've lived in and still regularly travel to Manchester, Oxford and Uxbridge (the very edge of London).  In my spare time I'm learning to programme a bit, including working out how to use my Raspberry Pi.  

That's pretty much it for the general "me" section, so here's for the interesting bit:

I'm 159 cm (5'2") and weigh roughly 80 kg (176 lb).  I know that currently I'm not all that weak; I play rugby for a (very small) local team, which I enjoy once, sometimes twice per week.  In general I aim at losing size if not weight and gaining more strength, but some cardio/endurance type stuff wouldn't hurt.

The main thing that stops me from exercising more than that once or twice per week is motivation - I find it very difficult to be self-motivated, which is why I enjoy team sports.  Going to the gym is something I find difficult to do, as I lose enthusiasm very quickly on my own, I was hoping this community would be somewhere I could maybe gain support and encouragement.

Well, I guess that's me for now, chat soon maybe!