Forums are back in action! ×

Hello, hello, hello!

I've been lurking through this site for the past few days and let me tell you--I am so happy to have found it. I've been overweight since childhood and grew up in one of those households where I was always told to eat everything off my plate. Not only that, but my overeating habits were also enabled daily. McDonald's, Burger King, Carl's Jr., Pizza Hut, Round Table--and any meal that was full of carbs and easy to cook.

So the habit stuck for years and years. I've been struggling with my weight for too long now and have been suffering from diets that left me starving and feeling depressed, giving up only to start again. It's been a vicious cycle.

Finding this website was amazing for me. I've been reading through it like crazy and taking it all in. It helped me to see my journey to being healthier in a different way. Instead of focusing on how much I weigh, maybe the key is focusing on how strong I want to be so I can do the things I love. I have a very nomadic spirit and want to travel places. But in the state I'm in right now I would suffer and not last long. I need to become stronger and this site has helped me to see that perhaps this is the better, more ideal goal for me. If the weight falls off then it will--it will be a consequence of my endeavors.

So thanks and I hope to see more of everyone around this place. :) One step at a time!

• Like 2

Human Adventurer

STR o | DEX o | STA o | CON o | WIS o | CHA o

Records of the Enfys

challenge .o1