Forums are back in action! ×

Greetings from the frozen north

I'm not kidding, it's bloody cold up here =(.

Hi! I'm Danielle, loggin in from near Toronto, Ontario, Canada.  Attached is a photo of me from August (with George Takei) (this IS NERDfitness, right? :Dpost-25942-0-98260100-1389114345_thumb.j

I've just heard about this through a friend who lives nearby.  I've been wanting to get into shape fr a while now (to which everybody looks at me goes whaaat but you're already in shape look how small you are!) and yes I know, I'm skinny and small, but I'm not IN SHAPE. 

I want to tone up and get stronger mostly.  And I will need help with my diet too.  I'm not realy into the Paleo diet though (I just want my bagels guys). 

So hi!  Nice to meet you all :)

Hi and welcome penguin! I from Ottawa and yeah it is pretty cold a (gotta go to work outside later today).

A good place to start is to start counting your daily calories. I recommend the Myfitnesspal app (if you have an iPhone,might be available for android, or you can use their online calorie counter). Its the one i use, you can even scan the barcode to give you instant nutrition value!

Lvl.0 Half-elf Jedi-initiate

My first challenge

My log

Welcome! I'm in Montreal, freezing along with you ;)

Also, I totally hear you. When I started being more active, my main goal was to lose a bit of excess weight, but it very quickly became about way more than that. Feeling strong and in shape is awesome! And a lot of people don't get that - they think once you can squeeze yourself into a size whatever, your work is done. But for me, everytime I lift a little more or run a little longer, I feel like a super hero. I don't even know how much I weight now, to be honest. So go for it and have fun! What kind of activities are you planning on doing?

Awesome picture btw. I saw George Takei's conference at Montreal Comiccon last year and he was such a great speaker.. so insightful and relevant. Highlight of my day :)

Commander Frou | Level 2 Ranger Wannabe

STR 3 | DEX 1 | STA 1 | CON 3 | WIS 3 | CHA 3

Challenge #1 - Jan 6 2014

Battle log