Forums are back in action! ×

Well I guess this is where people say hello.

I don't even know how I stumbled upon this site, but I thought being among fellow nerds, geeks, the real cool kids who are trying to do this whole weight loss thing would be a great idea and force some accountablity. 

I'm 5'10" tall 20 year old woman, who unforuntately comes in at 160-165lbs. And I know that's technically a healthy weight for my height and all. Does it mean I enjoy my little gut friend? Not really. Does it mean I enjoy having my fatter mother calling me fat and chubby? No, actually that makes me want to curl into a little ball and hide and cry. 

I guess I'm technically athletic? I did swimming in high school for four years. Technically speaking I was on the team.  I was also on the Freshmen/Sophomore Team for all four of those years, so you know that vouches for my skill and desire to win. At least I won some friends who were equally as motivated swimmers as myself.  Then I did a stint on my college rowing team twice..... Before having to quit do to illness or hospitalization. I didn't win any friends on the rowing team, most of them were already skinny bitches who were hoping I'd fall into the harbor and they would have a lighter boat. Oh and I did a stint in a Beginning Ballet class, where I learned that being the fat girl in class takes a big weight off everyone else's shoulders and that just means your very gay latin ballet teacher, who takes lessons from the horrible Cassandra July from Glee, will focus all of his energy and hate on you to make you feel horrible.

So what am I actually doing now since I've been mentally scared for a while from team and group things with strangers? 

I'm taking a barre class with my mother and my neighbors that make up the class and running on the treadmill for 1 dvr show a day.

My goal? Maybe lose 30 pounds? 35? Mostly until stomach gut goes away and I don't feel ashamed to break out the Slave Leia costume. 

Welcome to the rebellion Theredjay!

I'm sorry for the way you were treated by those people, but don't worry. Here at the rebellion we don't care where you come from, only where you are going!

Ooh, aquatic sports! So demanding, yet so fulfilling. Good luck with your training and keep us posted!

Oh, and here: have a fuzzy kitty to make you  feel better.

tumblr_kp3jpdIHWK1qzbpaho1_500.jpg

Current form: Chubby House Cat (lvl4)

Weight objective: 20%

S. 4 P. 6 E. 4 C. 7 I. 8 A. 4 L. 5

Battle log

Current Challenge

Handy linky.