Forums are back in action! ×

Clash of Clans

Many of the one star attacks I watched had nothing to do with the level of opponent and everything to do with giants getting roasted by clan castle dragons.

My first attack was a 1-star as I throw way too many archers at the CC Dragon and didn't have enough firepower left to actually destroy everything after the giants finished mopping up the defenses.

My second attack I screwed up royally.  Thought I was deploying archers deployed some giants instead which lead to me panic and deploying more giants in the wrong spot and it was all down hill from there.  I was lucky to get 1 star to say the least.

My second attack I screwed up royally.  Thought I was deploying archers deployed some giants instead which lead to me panic and deploying more giants in the wrong spot and it was all down hill from there.  I was lucky to get 1 star to say the least.

I've done that in a war attack before.  I was so mad at myself for it!

level 4 Gnoll warrior
STR 6|DEX 5|STA 4|CON 5|WIS 5|CHA 2

Building a better Raev, part 1.

Goal: working set of 350# squat, 235# bench, 370# deadlift, 15% or lower BF%

Fix slight pelvic tilt, reinforce lower back to help disc issue

My first attack was a 1-star as I throw way too many archers at the CC Dragon and didn't have enough firepower left to actually destroy everything after the giants finished mopping up the defenses.

LOL... I had just one fewer archer than I needed, and a dragon with 10 heath managed to get back to the giants before my wizards stopped attacking buildings and went for the dragon.

So... we balanced each other out, I'm pretty much done with archers until I can upgrade them, having a whole group of archers get one shot sucks.. maybe upon upgrade they can work, I do see a lot of replays with mass archers, but they're all looking like Robin Hood...

"Insanity - you make my world a better place man, you really do! That shit is awesome! :D" - Guzzi-

My first challenge

My battle Log: Insanity: Warrior Monk

Honorary Ranger dubbed by DarK_RaideR, 1000 Pound club (875 of 1000)

Yeah... need TH8 for the Robin Hoods though.  Way too many defensive upgrades left to do before I'm closing in on that. 

And I hear you on Archers getting 1-shotted.  As a guy who does 95% Barch raiding, I have to be very selective about bases and their mortar placement.  But I mean... even if they get upgraded to L5 archers, the mortars still get upgraded as well.  :P

Yeah... need TH8 for the Robin Hoods though.  Way too many defensive upgrades left to do before I'm closing in on that. 

And I hear you on Archers getting 1-shotted.  As a guy who does 95% Barch raiding, I have to be very selective about bases and their mortar placement.  But I mean... even if they get upgraded to L5 archers, the mortars still get upgraded as well.  :tongue:

Wouldn't be so bad if they didn't go running through a hole as soon as it opens... and yeah, they do get upgraded, so I may end up not using em ever... but we'll see.

"Insanity - you make my world a better place man, you really do! That shit is awesome! :D" - Guzzi-

My first challenge

When I launch war attacks, I tend to wait for piggies to take out one mortar before I drop my full horde of archers.  Usually I'll put a handful of archers near another mortar at the same time to take it out.  The third goes down eventually without being too devastating.  A handful of giants and my BK tend to distract mortars long enough for two to be destroyed.  If I'm really nervous about one of them, I'll drop two lightning spells on it to destroy it quickly.

level 4 Gnoll warrior
STR 6|DEX 5|STA 4|CON 5|WIS 5|CHA 2

Building a better Raev, part 1.

Goal: working set of 350# squat, 235# bench, 370# deadlift, 15% or lower BF%

Fix slight pelvic tilt, reinforce lower back to help disc issue

When I launch war attacks, I tend to wait for piggies to take out one mortar before I drop my full horde of archers.  Usually I'll put a handful of archers near another mortar at the same time to take it out.  The third goes down eventually without being too devastating.  A handful of giants and my BK tend to distract mortars long enough for two to be destroyed.  If I'm really nervous about one of them, I'll drop two lightning spells on it to destroy it quickly.

Ahhh you use the piggies... I'm not at a level yet where I can recover the DE spent on piggies... close, but not quite over that hump yet.

My first challenge

Ahhh you use the piggies... I'm not at a level yet where I can recover the DE spent on piggies... close, but not quite over that hump yet.

I use 3 in my armies, just enough to get that second air defense tower when my giants/angels start getting close and all the other defenses around it are already firing on the giants.

Massrandir, Barkûn, Swolórin, The Whey Pilgrim
500 / 330 / 625
Challenges: 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 31 32 34 35 36 39 41 42 45 46 47 48 49 Current Challenge
"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. " ~ Socrates
"Friends don't let friends squat high." ~ Chad Wesley Smith
"It's a dangerous business, Brodo, squatting to the floor. You step into the rack, and if you don't keep your form, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ Gainsdalf

I use 3 in my armies, just enough to get that second air defense tower when my giants/angels start getting close and all the other defenses around it are already firing on the giants.

Even three would be breaking even if I got lucky... I'm down in the 11-1200 range farming resources. I'm lucky if I can find over 100 DE in one shot.

My first challenge

To be fair though, in War Battles, if you can at least 1 star any town over above their #25, its worth like 100+ DE isn't it (assuming NF wins the war)? 

The 3 is just my raiding, You've seen my kitchen sink war army.

500 / 330 / 625
Challenges: 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 31 32 34 35 36 39 41 42 45 46 47 48 49 Current Challenge
"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. " ~ Socrates
"It's a dangerous business, Brodo, squatting to the floor. You step into the rack, and if you don't keep your form, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ Gainsdalf

Also, I just got golems! I might trythem out for the first attack tomorrow morning, they have quite the build time.

500 / 330 / 625

To be fair though, in War Battles, if you can at least 1 star any town over above their #25, its worth like 100+ DE isn't it (assuming NF wins the war)? 

Yeah.. and I get raided for 600 as soon as it's over. Trying to get the 12.5k for BK2 is a pain...

My first challenge

server is down check back in 10 mins

check back in 10 mins

server is down check back in an hour

check back in an hour, check back in 10 mins

check in 10 mins, check in 20

Goddammit all I needed was 10k more elixir to start upgrading my war camps so if I get back on and it says I was attacked for over 100k I'm going to be super pissed.

Between a rock and a hard place, use our finger nails to climb, it's all we know..........

Daily Mile

Perfer et obdura: Dolor hic tibi proderit olim

Yeah.. and I get raided for 600 as soon as it's over. Trying to get the 12.5k for BK2 is a pain...

Yeah, the 40k for piggies is going to take a week+ of using just on that and getting whooped up around 1600 trophies, which is where one must raid for 1000+ DE targets. I've gotta raid them in order to not lose everything I gain each time I get attacked once i break 20k.

server is down check back in 10 mins

check back in 10 mins

server is down check back in an hour

check back in an hour, check back in 10 mins

check in 10 mins, check in 20

Goddammit all I needed was 10k more elixir to start upgrading my war camps so if I get back on and it says I was attacked for over 100k I'm going to be super pissed.

That's what happened to me last time, got raided for a ton before I got back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

500 / 330 / 625

500 / 330 / 625

Looking through the top players/clans to get ideas for village layouts and I find North 44, number 18... :-)

Thought it sounded familiar when I saw it...

My first challenge

I used a dragon army this past war and had a great deal of success. I managed to 2-star their #11 (I'm our #22, so that was a big jump for me haha).

I generally ignore my recommended target and go for targets with exposed AD.

As for CCs with dragons in them, I just use a few archers to draw them out and then drop two dragons to kill them.

Long Term Goals:                                                                                                              

Spoiler

200# 245# Snatch                                                                                                             

300# Clean and Jerk                                                                                                         

380# 465# Back Squat

450# 500# Deadlift

Planche

Human Flag

Front Lever

285# Log Clean and Press

1k Row under 3:20

Back Flip

Bodyweight Turkish Get-up

For physical training is of some value, but godliness has value for all things, holding promise for the present life and the life to come. 1 Timothy 4:8

Never compromise.