Forums are back in action! ×

Clash of Clans

AAHH!!! I want to join one day! But my friend would kill me since I'm his 10th person. :tongue:

I should stop playing so much. It's gotten to the point where I'll try to leave my screen on so I don't get raided.

I've done very similar things when I've been super loaded on resource.  I'll just have my phone at the corner of my desk and tap the screen every few minutes. 

No need to protect your storages in war, all that matters is the TH and defenses.

If I'm hitting you with pigs, I'm doing it from the right or left since I can tell there are no bombs on the way to the TH from those directions.

If I'm hitting you with giants/angels/wizards, I'm coming from the top right/left by blowing through the T section with bombers then the wall behind it to open up a path for giants to the mortars and wizards there, which also puts my archers and wizards in range of the TH. I'll drop a heal spell until the giants and wizards take out the top 3 defenses + the air defense, then a bunch of angels and a rage spell to make the giants and wizards plow through the mortars and wizards along wiht my last heal if needed. Should get me 2 stars minimum since my anegls will be able to stay alive until the attackers get to the bottom ADs, by which point most defenses should be dead and I don't need them anymore.

Massrandir, Barkûn, Swolórin, The Whey Pilgrim
500 / 330 / 625
Challenges: 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 31 32 34 35 36 39 41 42 45 46 47 48 49 Current Challenge
"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. " ~ Socrates
"Friends don't let friends squat high." ~ Chad Wesley Smith
"It's a dangerous business, Brodo, squatting to the floor. You step into the rack, and if you don't keep your form, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ Gainsdalf

Going off what Gains said, move the choke points above the TH (i.e the gold sections) down closer to the mortars.  This way the attacker with hogs has to think their might be Big Bombs there and can't drop all of them (or at least shouldn't if he's using strategy).  When I attack with hogs, I'm looking for bases with no spaces internally that can fit a Big Bomb.  If I see that, you odds of 3 stars is fairly high.  If I see a bunch of spots where Big Bombs could be, I'm more apt to look for a different target I know I can 3-star.

Otherwise, I think it looks fine.  It's got it's weaknesses, but frankly so does every TH8.  A rage spell and L3 Dragon Horde from the top is definitely getting 2 stars on it, but not much you can do about that.

Just fiddling, as I said, cheers for the feedback. Trying to figure a way to use the triangular setup I'm forced to use with AD and mortars to cover the most ground. My theory with protecting collectors et al is so someone can't get the easy 50% 1 star.

Remove some of the et al and leave some 2x2 spaces on the left and right, move the choke points down.

Sent with/by my phone thing

"Strength is the cup. The bigger the cup, the more you can put in" - JDanger

Wonder if Steve would want back in...

Hope this is ok to post, if not I can remove it. My clan has room for about 15 or so more members since this one is full. We war every other weekend and have basically two requirements of people: Donate and participate in wars (though of course exceptions can always be made - we're super lenient). It started out as a me and a bunch of my RL friends but has expanded past that a fair bit.

Clan name is Mighty Meekers (there is only one with that name) and I'm Deaf Brendan there. Just tell them I sent you in the request to join.

You still happy with your clan Barmacral?  

Yeah it was fun for a little, but I really need to limit the amount of time spent on my ipad. Thanks for having me!

• Like 2

Level 2. Saiyan Warrior - Training with the Adventurers

STR: 4 | DEX: 2 | STA: 2 | CON: 4 | WIS: 1 | CHA: 1

Powering Up Phase 1 - Shedding the Fat

Starting Weight: 250lbs | Current Weight: 215lbs | Goal Weight: 200lbs

Check out this awesome base design:aqabenug.jpg

Damn you, Tapatalk!

• Like 1

"Come with me if you want to lift" -The Brominator

"Later, I would learn that coincidences are the most planned things in the world. Later, I would learn that every single moment is a coincidence." - Douglas Coupland

"Anyone who doesn't want french fries every day is a commie." - AngelaTheGeek

Current Challenge

INSTAGRAM!!

find me on twitter

Don't care

I hate/love when I get to the point of where all I need to do is upgrade walls and some characters before I upgrade my townhall

I'm quite thoroughly liking it at TH8.  No stress at all, and I finally get my walls a bit more to my liking.  I'm focusing on raiding for DE to start my Golem upgrade, and extra resource will just go into my walls. 

Once I get the Golems started, I'll start the push to get my TH upgrades started.

• Like 1

Is everyone still active in playing this? I started reading the thread and almost immediately downloaded the game. Still under the initial shield for another 2 days and building up my resources.

Is it cool that I'm a total noob while everyone else has been playing forever?

• Like 4

Wandering Monk

Starting Weight: 238 Current Weight: 189.2 Goal Weight: 150

PRs

Mile: 12:49 (11/1/14) 5K: 44:07 (3/13/16)

yup, we can help you.  When you get a clan castle, look for the clan. 

May Br0din bless you with mighty gains, and may your shaker bottle always be full.

Wheymen

...and, if you die...  Walk it off - Captain America

Level 13: 1/4 Giant Warrior

STR - 50 | DEX - 19 | STA - 19 | CON - 14 | WIS - 28 | CHA - 24

My food logging is here*: MFP: tyrsnbdr

Is everyone still active in playing this? I started reading the thread and almost immediately downloaded the game. Still under the initial shield for another 2 days and building up my resources.

We are definitely still playing and have room in the clan. A couple of hints for starting out: Save your gems (unless you plan to spend some actual money) and don't make too many storages (gold or elixir). The gems are important for extra builders, and more storages just means more to protect.

• Like 1

Paladin Aspirant

Level 3

STR: 13   DEX: 3  STA: 9  CON: 9.33   WIS: 6.66   CHA: 6

MyFitnessPal

Challenges: First, Second, Third, Fourth

I've been playing for a while but still feel like a noob, so it's cool! Welcome!

90+ Masters Weightlifter

Current Lift PRs
Snatch: 93kg/205lb // Clean and Jerk: 113kg/248lb // Back Squat: 170kg/375lb

Spoiler

2016 USAW Senior Nationals - 6th place

2015 USAW American Open - 8th place
2015 USAW Senior Nationals - 9th place
2014 USAW Senior Nationals - 9th place

2013 USAW Senior Nationals - 9th place

Instagram - MyFitnessPal