Forums are back in action! ×

Hey everyone,

My name is Karusha and I am from South Africa. I have been trying to lose weight, get fit and maintain that fitness for several years but I always seem to fall off the wagon and then end up putting on more weight with each fall. I have been trying out some of the beginner principles of NF and I love it. I love the concept of appealing to the nerd in me to get me motivated. The principles are simple and hit home every time - the fact that we all try and start fitness at level 30 instead of level 1. "Put your hard hat on and get it done" is one of my favourite principles. I have little post its with that in my office and at home.

I am now starting it officially - at beginner level!

My goals are:

- develop a healthy lifestyle - I have a 2 year old daughter and I want her to have an active and healthy life and there is no better way than to show her by example

- lose weight in a healthy way that will keep the weight off in the long run

- develop and maintain healthy eating habits

- and have fun

One of the hardest things in this process has been to get a good support group going and I am hoping that I am able to find that here on the forum.