Forums are back in action! ×

Hey from Sydney, Australia!

Hey guys, Matt here.

I've been reading Nerd Fitness for a little while now, and I finally have got round to making a commitment and joining the rebellion! I'm a pretty hefty guy, and I want to ultimately be living a healthy lifestyle and doing things that I really want to try.

I'm starting everything off nice and slow, I've recently cut out all soft drink and already I can feel a difference, I'm less lethargic and I just feel a bit lighter all round, which is great. I definitely don't want to go too hard, to quickly, so I'm thinking of gradually introducing myself to a few paleo meals, and just go on from there. 

I think that being here with everyone on NF is going to be great, I think it is a great fit for me at the moment, I definitely love  the idea of leveling up my life, and not just my body. Glad to be joining you guys for my adventure!

Cheers  :nevreness:

Welcome to the rebellion, Matt!

Cutting soda is really one of the best things to do, good job! Slow and steady wins the race, as they say! If you want some info, there are some great resources here on NF!

Bodyweight training

Healthy eating

Paleo Diet

There, that should be enough to get you started! Good luck and keep us posted!

Current form: Chubby House Cat (lvl4)

Weight objective: 20%

S. 4 P. 6 E. 4 C. 7 I. 8 A. 4 L. 5

Battle log

Current Challenge

Handy linky.

Thanks a bunch for those articles, I had a great time reading them.

I've tried the bodyweight workout and am almost pleasantly surprised at how drenched in sweat I am at the end of the workout, it's nice to have a simple workout routine that doesn't involve half a grand's worth of gym equipment to get started.