Forums are back in action! ×

I'm not sure I'm ready for this but here I go...

Hi, I'm starshapedgirl, also known as Sabrina. I am ridiculously shy most of the time, so writing this is really hard and taken me a few weeks to start. I usually try to pretend that I am confident and can talk to anyone, but I want to be myself here. I've heard there are people here who can help support me as I kick off my fitness journey. I'd really like to make some friends and to learn as much as possible. Here's a little about me:

I'm 24 years old. I have a 2 year old daughter. I'm an undergrad majoring in Psychology, with plans to graduate in August (finally!) I love music, theater, WoW, and sci-fi and fantasy movies, books, shows, and games. Oh, and I think way too much. I have been trying to think my way to a better life for far too long, and I'm pretty tired of the same thought loops replaying over and over of things I should be, could be, and want to be.

I started working out in November of 2013, just doing walk at home videos mostly. I'm still doing these, though I'm starting to lose my gumption, and I've added some strength training. I'm really struggling with my diet. I have never been hard on myself for eating too much or the wrong things. I have recently made some small changes, and I am trying to stick with them. I really am hoping this will be a community where I can let my hair down and really give and get serious support and motivation.

I am 177 lbs. hoping to get somewhere between 130-140, although I hope to focus on strengthening my body, increasing my flexibility, and losing some inches. Plus, I have a wedding coming up in two months! Thanks in advance for any support or suggestions in moving forward.

• Like 1

Welcome to the rebellion, Sabrina!

Don't be afraid to be yourself here; you are among your peers! You are going about this the right way: slow and steady. If you need info, don't be afraid to ask. There are lots of lovely, friendly people ready and able to help!

Good luck with your goals and keep us posted!

• Like 1

Current form: Chubby House Cat (lvl4)

Weight objective: 20%

S. 4 P. 6 E. 4 C. 7 I. 8 A. 4 L. 5

Battle log

Current Challenge

Handy linky.

Welcome! Like SilverRapier said before me, this is the best place to be yourself and let your hair down. I just joined very recently and already I've gotten tons of support from super nice folks. There's people from all backgrounds and levels here so I'm sure you'll find the motivation you need :)

My main suggestion going forward is don't try to change everything at once. Sometimes we get impatient (at least I do!) and try to tackle on too many things and none of them stick. You mentioned you've been making small changes to your diet - that's a good start! For exercise, have you tried the Bodyweight workout on the main NF site? Could be a nice change from your usual routine. Good luck with your goals!

• Like 1

Commander Frou | Level 2 Ranger Wannabe

STR 3 | DEX 1 | STA 1 | CON 3 | WIS 3 | CHA 3

Challenge #1 - Jan 6 2014

Battle log