Forums are back in action! ×

Nooby from UK - sick of a static life. A quick intro.

I procrastinate too much! I think too much and do too little.

I'm from Doncaster in the UK I'm 45 and self employed.

As a child, my fitness and activity level was zero, nil...

Never played any sport in school or collage (sport was not compulsory when I was a kid). I was a real nerd. Into computers (had the obligatory ZX-80), gaming, staying inside away from daylight, watching cartoons that I was far too old for etc...

The only time I ever got fit was when my best mate who I met in my first job - I was 19 - who was a fitness and gym fanatic talked me into going to the gym with him.

I went to the gym like it was a religion. I got fit, I toned up, gained muscle, lost a load of fat. I felt and looked great :)

However (and I have never said this to anyone) the only reason I slavishly went to the gym with my mate was because I fell in love with him. He had no idea, but I was gay.

So to cut a long and boring story short (told you I procrastinate too much), I moved to another area, my mate got married, and I had no reason to go to the gym.

But now after a 15 year break, I want to get fit and lose the weight I've put back on and I want to loose it for ME!

So here I am a Nooby who will be asking LOTS of questions.

Peace and love :)

• Like 1

Welcome to the rebellion, Kwas!

Good job on wanting to get fit! Ask away! We have plenty of people here who have answers!

Hey, a fellow member of the rainbow brigade! I feel your pain. Incompatible orientation is a sad, sad thing.

We have a thread for the LGBTQA community: http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/16927-lgbtqa-and-ally-safe-space/

Good luck and keep us posted!

• Like 1

Current form: Chubby House Cat (lvl4)

Weight objective: 20%

S. 4 P. 6 E. 4 C. 7 I. 8 A. 4 L. 5

Battle log

Current Challenge

Handy linky.

Welcome to the rebellion, Kwas!

Good job on wanting to get fit! Ask away! We have plenty of people here who have answers!

Hey, a fellow member of the rainbow brigade! I feel your pain. Incompatible orientation is a sad, sad thing.

We have a thread for the LGBTQA community: http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/16927-lgbtqa-and-ally-safe-space/

Good luck and keep us posted!

Thanks for the welcome :)

I'm looking forward to the challenges and the results that lay ahead.

Kwas

Hi kwas!

It's great to have you on board! Another person from the UK :D 

Personally I don't find paleo too bad over here, just stock up on loads of veg, sweet potatoes and whatever meats you fancy :) Although to be fair, I try and get meat from the butchers when I can, but I'm not going to go out of my way just so I can have grass-fed beef or what have you. So I don't think it's too bad :) 

If you've got any other questions, feel free to PM me or jump on to my challenge, or whatever really :D

Assassin Guild Leader  Trainee

STR: 2 | DEX: 2 | STA: 2 | CON: 3 | WIS: 3 | CHA: 3

Current Challenge: Vengefulpear Revives!

Level 1

High Score:

Level 7 STR: 14 | DEX: 10 | STA: 1 | CON: 12 | WIS: 6 | CHA: 4

Dean - not doing a challenge on here, but I am taking part (and expecting to come last) in the weightlifting challenge.

I have started my own 12 week workout, but that's really just my first benchmark and then I can assess where i'm at. Not really got any weight to lose, but need to get rid of some body fat and build some muscle. I split from my wife in June last year, and after 6 months moping around I decided I needed to get that confidence I had when I was in my early 20's (I will hit the big 4 0 this year, and i've promised the kids i'll take them to Ibiza in August to celebrate). 

Not following a Paleo diet, but have cut back on carbs & processed foods have been banished. Alcohol consumption also reduced significantly. Just trying to generally lead a healthier lifestyle. 

Cheers

Karl