Forums are back in action! ×

Trying again...for the first time!

Hi everyone,

I've tried, and somewhat succeeded, in an earlier weight loss/fitness journey, but sputtered out in August due to (insert excuses which sound legit in my head but not so much here). I've poked around this site for a bit based on a friend's recommendation - I am a huge comic and video game fan (and getting back into RPGs), but definitely need a kick in the backside to get motivated again. I'm really one of those folks who've just walked into a room and is trying to figure out what to do next.

I need to formulate a plan for diet and exercise, prioritize a bit, gain some knowledge about supplements and such. I figure I can take all the particulars into specifics threads, so I'll just say Hi again, and hope that I can find some motivation this time around!

Hi! I'm in the same boat as you. My excuses for not succeeding on prior adventures don't hold water in the light. I usually make 15 changes at once and become overwhelmed. The concept here at nerd fitness.com fits!

Good luck in your journey.

• Like 1

Azer Adventurer

Fitness Challenge: juice organic vegetables daily

Life Goal: Write on book two hours per day/six days a week until book is complete.

"One does not drown by falling in the river, but by staying submerged."

Welcome to the rebellion, High Pockets!

Motivation can be tricky, but the key is to take it slow. Start by changing one or two things, do those things once or twice a week. As you get more comfortable, you can start to add more things/do things more often.

Good luck and keep us posted!

• Like 2

Current form: Chubby House Cat (lvl4)

Weight objective: 20%

S. 4 P. 6 E. 4 C. 7 I. 8 A. 4 L. 5

Battle log

Current Challenge

Handy linky.