Forums are back in action! ×

Hi - making big changes at 40.

Hi everyone.  Brief intro...seems like a motivating place.

Turned 40 a few months back and didn't like how things were going.  Boring job, 40 lbs. overweight, and drinking way too much alcohol.  And only 5 years ago I had done a full marathon.  So I got a new job with a way better commute, quit drinking completely, and lost 30 lbs. so far.  I like to mix up what I do - run, bike, swim, weights, and I currently LOVE kickboxing with a  heavy bag.  Shooting for small, short-term goals right now, and getting back into hobbies that I had lost track of (playing in a band some weekends, back into reading a lot and finding new music to listen to).  My newest goal is to sign up for a fencing class one evening per week with my two boys.  We think it'll be a blast.  Cheers.

E

• Like 2

Way to get back into the swing of things! I will be turning 35 soon and I am also reevaluating things.

I am ALWAYS looking for good music and good books, but I don't have any real small goals at the moment that aren't fitness related. I need to do that to add more balance.

Fencing with your boys sounds like a fun thing that they'll remember. :-)

Jessi

A work in progress. Daily trying to chisel out the best version of myself.