Forums are back in action! ×

Howdy, from a (sort of) newbie

Hi everyone,

I'm sort of new, in the sense that I haven't posted here before. I've had an account for a little over a year but never got around to dipping my toe into the water. I didn't think I was good enough to have an account because I'd surely give up or fail, so why bother?

Obviously that's a terrible place to start, and the simple answer to why I'm getting involved now is... I'm bored of being unhealthy. I looked in the mirror this morning, and for the first time in a long time I really looked, and was shocked at how much weight I'd put on. I usually hide my body under layers of clothes, but when I tried that and looked in the mirror again... I looked pregnant. Nothing wrong with looking pregnant, if you actually are, but if you're not... It was quite a wake up call.

When I was growing up, I swore by the "truth" that it doesn't matter what you eat as long as you exercise. I figured that exercising was this magic dance that eliminated all the unhealthy food you'd eaten that day. Even if that logic was sound, I wouldn't have lost any weight though, as I never exercised.

I won't go into more detail now, I just wanted to dip my feet in to say hi :)

Looking forward to meet everyone!

Welcome to the Rebellion ... where we don't care where you come from, only where you are going.  I'm glad you took the action to look at yourself and to post an intro.  I hope you find this to be a welcoming and encouraging group.  Again, very glad to have you with us.

Check out my still-fighting-it-battle-log 

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work." - Thomas Edison

ARock said it best. 

Welcome to the Rebellion ... where we don't care where you come from, only where you are going.

Welcome.  Pull up a computer chair.  Pull up on a bar. 

Getting started is the hardest part.  I used to make excuses as to why I couldn't start today, tomorrow I'll do it.  Now that I forced myself to start moving forward, I'm excited each workout day to see how my body will handle what I throw at it.

Read around.  Talk to people.  Figure out your end goal.  What does your heart desire?  We can help you with the plan of action.  We help each other, 'round here.

level 4 Gnoll warrior
STR 6|DEX 5|STA 4|CON 5|WIS 5|CHA 2

Building a better Raev, part 1.

Goal: working set of 350# squat, 235# bench, 370# deadlift, 15% or lower BF%

Fix slight pelvic tilt, reinforce lower back to help disc issue