Forums are back in action! ×

Hello everyone, the name's Jonathon. Glad i found ya'll! I stumbled upon Nerdfitness.com last week while I was researching new workouts and have been reading it every day since then. It is nice to have finally discovered a place where being healthy, smart and ultimately a better individual person is the focus. Anywho a little about me...

28 year old male in the middle TN area, 5'9 and right around 200 lbs (where I am most comfortable) I wear a uniform, badge and gun working indoors m-f during the day, and I spend some evenings and every saturday working retail. Currently lifting 2x week since dec 9. Daily smoker and I get obliterated drunk once every 6 months or so, aside from that I drink a beer every couple of weeks.

Background: I ran track and cross-country in school, joined the Marine Corps immediately afterwards and have had my current job since that ended in 2008. I did some strength training off and on as time/motivation allowed through those times however I haven't made any serious attempts at running since 2008.

Future: My current goals are to be just a little bit stronger and healthier every day.  I will continue lifting 2x a week. Currently transitioning to a semi-paleo diet (meaning i'm still eating up all the junk in the cabinets but only buying whole unprocessed foods.) Once I have accoplished that I will add in a day of circuit training, quit or seriously cut back on smoking and start C25K in no particular order yet.

By the end of the year I'd like to be benching my bodyweight for reps, squatting it for 20, deadlifting double and running 5k without feeling like i'm about to die.

Aside from the fitness related aspects here I also seriously enjoy an Everquest marathon now and again, woodworking with antique tools, shooting, hiking, fixing things and almost anything that will get me outside for a little while. Aside from sports, I've never been big on sports.

Thanks for all the help/advice/motivation I'm sure I will recieve and I hope I can return the favor to some of you here at some point in the future.