Forums are back in action! ×

Blackstroke: Mostly Here...

Hey friends :) Been lurking Nerdfitness.com for a while, and these forums for a few weeks. Didn't really think about joining and doing challenges, etc. until I realized I already had some goals that fit! :)

Pardon if this is a little scatterbrained, I've got my little peanut sitting in his bouncy seat in front of me and I must admit he is is much cuter than my computer screen.

I was born in the midwest USA, and currently living in Kansas City about 250ish miles south of my hometown. I'm 23, a dude, and currently a student. I completed my bachelors in computer science in December '12 at a small college nearby. I participated in music (my creative outlet) and track primarily as a hammer thrower while studying. As a thrower, I gained mass and strength, especially in olympic lifts and squats. I LOVE TO SQUAT! I was able to earn a national place for the indoor weight throw and outdoor hammer in my final year. I married my longtime sweetheart (maybe a story for another time!) in August 2012, and our son, Cohen Nazareth, was born in October of 2013. He is my greatest achievement.

I worked part time as a contract programmer from January to May 2013 and also as a track coach at a college, again not far from home. When the contract ended, I knew I was meant to do something else. Coaching, though incredibly fulfilling, did not pay the bills for my growing family. Long story short, we moved to Kansas City for job opportunities. Unfortunately, the more opportunities there were, the more kept slipping through my fingers. (A New Hope, anyone?)

In September, I discovered there was a school of chiropractic health here. I am very passionate about nutrition and physiology, and also homeopathic and natural health care. I didn't think I could get in, but applied anyway. It turned out I was a pretty good candidate. I am currently completed 1 trimester of undergrad classes and I am tentatively accepted to the doctoral program based on my grades.

This brings us to my entrance here...

Hi, my name is Jake, and I am a new father, a student, and a former athlete. I am entering chiropractic school not only to provide for my family, but to help others become healthier. My goals during my time here will be to become healthier while becoming a smaller (less massive) me. Carrying lots of mass, even as muscle, can wear you down and I plan to release my joints from their gravitational bondage and reduce the sedentary cell time they are used to.

I love encouragement (love language = words of affirmation), and sharing the knowledge I've gained in the past few years. 

Thanks for reading!

Blackstroke, Reborn Assassin

Starting BW: 275 lb @ 5'11"
Long-term Goal: 200 lb (and body recomp)

Nerdical Interests:

I used to play WoW. 

Star Wars

Lord of the Rings

Video Games

Love physics, hate calculus

Favorite Games:

KOTOR, Warcraft III, Starcraft II, Portal I & II, Assassin's Creed (though I didn't play it much, story and gameplay are awesome), Final Fantasy Tactics games. Oh yeah, and tower defences

Blackstroke, Reborn Assassin

Starting BW: 275 lb @ 5'11"
Long-term Goal: 200 lb (and body recomp)